Battle for Love // C23

"You broke my heart...but I still love you with all of the pieces" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

I immediately pulled away, "what in the actual-" Shawn cut me off.

"I'm sorry, Amberle, I just had to" he said as I hopped off the bed trying to put space between us.

"You don't 'have' to do anything, everything you do is a choice! Why would you kiss me and violate my privacy when you know I'm in love with Daniel?!?" I remarked as he tried to inch closer but I backed away.

"Because Amberle, I know you will never love me like you love Daniel and I just saw an opportunity so I took it" he replied with distress in his tone.

"Look, I might love Daniel right now but I left all of that behind. Maybe we would of had a chance together in the future but no, you decided to ruin it and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY VULNERABILITY!" I raised my voice as he slid off the bed trying to get closer to me.

"Amberle, I'm sorry-" Shawn started but I cut him off, I was too furious to let him explain.

"Leave, now." I demanded.

"Amberle, just please-"

"I don't want to hear it Shawn, leave...please"

He stared at me in disbelief before he hesitantly left. Ugh, I was so angry and annoyed that I didn't even realize my own hand picking up a vase and smashing it on the ground. I collapsed on the ground from emotional exhaustion and curled up into a ball. For some reason, I felt like I betrayed Daniel even when we weren't together. I started to cry knowing that the only person who was my friend just destroyed everything I had left.

I was alone...completely and utterly alone. But how did I get here? I reflected upon every single choice that led me to this exact moment where I was alone. I have to tell you that being alone with your emotions is haunting, I had nobody to tell my problems to and I had nobody who cared about me. Both were equally painful and pushing me farther and farther into the abyss that lays in the darkest parts of my mind. I started to wonder who would save me if my loneliness became overbearing. If anyone could save me...
_______________________________

I woke up with drool escaping the corner of my mouth and tangled bundles of hair. I'm totally a classy person if you couldn't tell. I sat up as my body ached from sleeping on the cold, hard ground. Assuming I fell asleep lost in the emptiness of my soul, I walked into the bathroom. Not realizing it was four am, I started to brush my hair and wash my face. I knew it was dark out but I assumed it was early in the morning but either way, I planned on going to a coffee shop. I threw on beige over-the-knee boots and a black off the shoulder dress. I also quickly curled my hair and started to gather my things before I left, by now it was around five am.

I grabbed my phone and realized my wallpaper was of everyone at the New York show last year, we were all doing silly faces. I smiled but the feeling of hopelessness and loneliness washed over my sense of happy memories. I felt so stupid and annoyed at myself for pushing everyone and everything away. Then, everything went numb...I felt nothing, just emptiness.

I stared at the photo as a tear escaped my eye and landed on Daniel. I started to tremble uncontrollably which caused me to drop my phone. I bent down to pick it up and delete the photo but as I reached for my phone, there was a knock at the door. I rolled my eyes but felt no annoyance as I walked over to the door.

"Shawn, I really don't want to talk to you" I stated as I opened the door to find a pair of sparkling blue eyes masking pain staring down at me. "D-Daniel?" I stuttered as the wind was knocked out of me. Not literally but it felt as if I couldn't breathe...I was so shocked and lost in emotion that I couldn't function.