Lying in Misery // C17

"Just once I want to have something good happen in my life and not have it immediately followed by something bad or have it end as fast as it started" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

Daniel set me down and we both stood next to each other, afraid that any movement to escape would result in catastrophic measures taken by Tyson.

"Did you really think it would be that easy to escape from me?" Tyson stated as he waved his gun around.

"Well yes, we were captured by complete imbeciles" I stated rolling my eyes.

"You better watch your mouth little lady" Tyson stated as he redirected the gun at me. "I want you on your knees with your hands behind your head".

Daniel and I did as we were told because frankly, Tyson was only seven feet away and I was scared what would happen if we didn't follow his directions.

"Now, we can either do this the hard way...or the easy way" Tyson stated as I heard my sister come out of the house. She approached Tyson and stood by his side, as if that united them in a way. Lillianne and Tyson shared a plethora of whispers back in forth and I grew curious as to what they were talking about.

Finally Tyson sighed and put his gun down before he started speaking, "we'll get back to this later but there's someone you need to meet".

I eyed him suspiciously as he continued to talk while walking around us.

"You see, I had some help in your kidnapping because well...how else would I of known of your whereabouts", he paused, "I think you already know her".

Just then, a car pulled up right in front of us and as if in slow motion...she slowly stepped out in an expensive/classy outfit and huge black glasses. She went under the gate and began to walk toward us, once she got closer I realized who she was. I could recognize her anywhere....especially since I've known her my whole life.

"Introducing the lady in charge....Bridgette Lafontaine!" Tyson stated as she took off her glasses.

"Mom?!?" I choked out as she looked down at me.

"Seriously Tyson? This is barbaric" my mother stated as she walked over and pulled me up. However, she didn't help Daniel...she just walked away while I helped him up.

"Mom! How could you do this to me?! Does dad know about this?!?" I practically yelled, frustrated that I haven't seen my mom in months only to find out that she's been behind this all along.

"Honey, I'm doing this for your own good and no...your father, like the rest of the world, only knows your missing and you've been kidnapped" she stated as she tucked her glasses in her purse.

"Okay is it just me or has NOBODY explained to me why we're actually here" I stated as Daniel intertwined our fingers, I think he sensed that I was getting frustrated.

"Because of that", my mother paused as she pointed at Daniel and I's hand holding, "I don't want you with him".

"Why not!? He's amazing, wonderful, and the most genuine person I know!" I argued without realizing that I basically just confessed my feelings for Daniel. I'm sure Daniel knew it too because he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Because you're not right for each other! He hurt you Amberle! I can't let that monster date my only daughter" my mother stated as she approached me.

"Hey! I'm your daughter!" Lillianne stated but my mother ignored her.

My mother tilted my chin up, "the only monster here is you" I stated with ice in my veins. She looked shocked before she slapped me and walked away. "You know I'm right! This? This is drastic and ridiculous!"

I reached up to rub my cheek before my mother spoke, "Do it".

I was confused by what she meant and before I knew it, my mother ran up to me and pulled me away from Daniel...she brought me to a nearby tree about fifteen feet away. She kept my arms tightly restrained behind my back as I saw Lillianne put Daniel on his knees.

"What are you doing?!?" I yelled as Tyson aimed his gun right at his head.

"This is for your own good, honey...the only way you'll see my point of view is if he's dead" my mother stated as I struggled to break free.

"No" I stated lowering my voice as my mother tightened her grip on me.

Daniel turned his head to me and mouthed the words "I love you". This honestly cannot be happening right now...tears started to fall down my cheeks. I didn't realize how much I needed Daniel until this point.

"Mom please make this stop, I....I love him" I begged as I heard her think for a second.

"I can't sweetie...he's toxic to you" she stated as I broke into tears.

After that, I heard Tyson cock the gun.

It was then I had a huge adrenaline rush and I broke free from my mother as her nails tore through my skin leaving fresh cuts up and down my arms. I pushed my mother against the tree where she hit her head causing her to loose consciousness before I ran in front of Daniel and stood tall and firm. My leg suddenly ached in a lot of pain but I didn't care...

"If you want to kill him, you're going to have to kill me too" I stated as I suddenly felt like Pocahontas.

"Not a problem" Tyson stated as he now aimed at my forehead.

Okay...maybe I can bargain with him, "Tyson, if you stop now...I'll give you whatever you want. Seriously, I have money or I can pull some weight with other celebrities...just name it and I'll make it happen".

Tyson paused for a minute, "how about your hand in marriage?"

"WHAT?!?" Lillianne stated as she ran up to Tyson. "You said you wanted to marry ME!"

"I changed my mind, your sister is well..." he bit his lip and I cringed. My sister gave me a glare and went to assess my mother...

"What are you doing?" Daniel whispered to me.

"Saving your life" I whispered back.

"I'd rather die than let you suffer to a lifetime of his torment...literally" Daniel stated as he got up.

"So what do you say? Your hand in marriage in exchange for your lives" Tyson stated with a hideous smile.

I swallowed my pride, "I will-" I started but was cut off by a big black SUV pulling up. Please be the cops, please be the cops...

Tyson turned around as I watched four guys and a girl climb out of the car. It was the boys and Penelope! They somehow managed to find us, how strange...I didn't tell them about this house.

"AMBERLE!" Penelope called out but it was too late. A gun shot rang out and before I knew it, Zach was on the ground with a bright red stain by his right shoulder...
_______________________________
A/N: I dropped a lot on you guys, sorry not sorry. In the next chapter we get to find out if Zach survives! Oh, I'm so cruel....