The Race Against Time // C22

"I think a part of me will always be waiting for you" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

The sun crept through my curtains and forced my eyelids to open. I looked at the clock to see that it was six am and I realized I fell asleep at four am. Two hours of sleep....yay! I sighed and took my phone off of my nightstand to see spams on all of my accounts. What the heck? I opened Instagram and searched for the post where I was most tagged and I did. It had 1500 tags in the comment section so I clicked on it.

Strangely, I saw a photo of Shawn Mendes kissing another girl. Now, this was no ordinary girl...she had the same complexion, skin tone, hair color, and face shape as me. However, I know for a fact that she is not me because if you recall I was at home, at set, and at Urgent Care all of yesterday. The angle of the photo had Shawn in front of the girl but you could still tell they were kissing. However, I quickly noticed that this picture even looked staged. The picture went viral eleven hours ago, how did I not see it? Why didn't Shawn tell me?

I disregarded all the questions flying through my mind but one tended to stay, what if Daniel saw it? Ugh, I couldn't bare to know what would happen. Whatever, I still needed to put these rumors to rest before it gets out of hand. So I decided to post a video on Instagram knowing that my video would spread to other social media platforms.

However, I also realized that I had a text from Elena.

Hey Amberle, I noticed the image of that girl and Shawn kissing. I know it wasn't you and I've consulted with James. We both came the conclusion that you should decline all rumors. Have a great rest of your day and take care of this issue as soon as possible!

XOXO - Elena

Perfect, permission from my manager and publicist means I can quickly put this problem at rest. So I started to film and eventually I came up with this...

"What's up my Roses? I've noticed a particular photo of what looks like Shawn and I kissing trending on my explore pages. To clear up any confusion, I can assure you that there is nothing going on between us and that girl in the photo isn't actually me. Once again, remember that all roses have their thorns so even the prettiest things aren't perfect. Never believe that you have to be too" I stated.

Then I blew a kiss and waved goodbye before ending my video. I didn't even bother to put makeup on, I just brushed my hair and called it good.

"And post" I mumbled to myself.

I wiped my eyes and took another glance at the clock to notice it was now 8 am. Wow, two hours of my life just devoted to this picture and the drama it's stirred. I reached a state of peace until...SHAWNNNNNN! Oh he's going to get a lovely phone call from me. I aggressively picked up my phone and dialed Shawn. I waited four rings and I honestly thought he wasn't going to answer until he did.

"Amberle? Why are you calling so early?" he asked.

"Oh I think you know exactly why" I stated sharply. "The photo?! Why didn't you tell me yesterday!?" I demanded.

"I was busy on set all day, Amberle, I had no idea about the photo until late last night" he said before he yawned.

"Ugh, I'm sorry for accusing you before I knew what actually happened" I said apologetically.

"It's fine" he said as he sighed.

"So...who is she?" I asked suspiciously and in a mocking tone.

"Honestly? She's just a friend" he said as I think I heard a fridge open.

"Oh really? She definitely didn't look like 'just your friend' in the photo" I stated flipping the covers off of my legs.

"Look, we got close and tried the whole couple thing...maybe even kissed once but we're better off as friends" he said.