Serenity // C19

"There's an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted, once all the houses have been ripped apart, the wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop. The sky will clear in an instant and only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it" - Meredith Grey

Amberle's POV:

Stillness is a funny thing, you don't know what to feel or what to expect or what the consequences are of your recent actions but yet it brings a certain sense of peace. I flipped over and stared at the sky as the ringing started to fade. My leg throbbed with intense pain, technically my wound had healed but the soreness was still there and after what I just pulled off with all my self defense and running, I'm sure I'll be limping for a few more days. A few minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mother move so I used whatever strength I had left to get up too.

I kept my back to Daniel, not yet mentally prepared to witness if he was alive or not.

"You just made a huge mistake" my mother stated as she swiftly grabbed my neck and began to squeeze the life out of me. "I'm trying to help you and this is how you repay me? I have grass stains all over my new Calvin Klein dress! Ugh, you ungrateful child!"

I struggled to breath and started to choke as my hands were trying to pry away my mother's grip. I felt my face start to turn red from the lack of oxygen but yet I saw no compassion from my mother. She gave me one final glare before she released my neck and pushed me to the ground with a vigorous motion.

I coughed and coughed, trying to grasp any air I could in between coughs while I sat with my legs to the side. My mother turned her back to me with her head down and the gun still in her hand while my face returned to its normal color. My breathing became very uneven and I was still coughing when I looked up to the sky.

I must of been hallucinating because I swore I saw three helicopters circling the house making the trees wave in crazy directions. Strangely enough, seconds later, two ambulances showed up with the SWAT team, FBI units, and REAL cops rolling up.

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!!!!" someone from the helicopters yelled through a megaphone.

I slowly stood up, "You are finished mother...your reign of terror has ended and you've lost" I stated as I saw FBI and SWAT teams running to our position.

"Oh but I don't think I have" my mother stated as she gestured behind me seconds before she was arrested.

I finally gathered enough guts to turn around only to see Daniel collapsed against the ground. I was horrified when I saw that blood had started to stain his shirt, the bullet missed his head and his heart but it didn't miss him completely. His breathing was very uneven and it didn't take a genius to realize that the bullet must of punctured one of his lungs.

I immediately applied pressure on Daniel's wound making him wince and soaking my hands in his blood.

"Save your energy" I stated but his stubborn self still tried to speak.

"My...........love..........for you............has............ never..........wavered" he struggled in between breaths.

"Stop, you're not going to die. You will survive and these aren't your final moments" I stated as he reached up to touch my cheek. Shortly, I saw several EMTs running towards us.

Daniel looked paler than ever and he swallowed before gathering his strength, "I love you Amberle Rose, you are the first and last thing I think of each and every day" he stated before he coughed up blood.

I opened my mouth to say something but an EMT touched my shoulder, interrupting my words.

"We need you to step back" she stated.