Chapter 5: Dinner Date

June

My phone starts ringing and I don't recognize the number. I decide to pick up anyways.

"June. It's Eden."

"Hi Eden. How did you get my number?"

"I stole it off Daniel's phone but that's not important right now."

"Okay. Then what is?"

"Tess and I started dating."

"That's great Eden but why did you call?"

"Well now my parents want her to have dinner with us tonight and she feels awkward so I said she should bring you with."

"Okay I'll come."

"Thank you so much. I'll tell my parents."

"No problem Eden." I say hanging up.

Now I have to find an outfit. I've never met Day's parents before and I want to look nice.

I put on a red dress and black heels. I braid my hair back into a ponytail and put on my infinity ring.

Metias won't be back until really late tonight so I don't bother to ask him. I leave a note on the fridge since he's probably busy at work.

I go out and get into my brother's spare car. It's basically mine but he doesn't want me having it completely which just means I'm not allowed to take it to school.

I drive to Day's and it looks like Tess isn't there yet but there's really no way to tell I suppose. I park in the driveway and go to the main door.

Eden opens the door.

"June!" He says. "Come in. Good luck meeting my parents." He says.

"Why do I need luck?" I ask.

"I'm not saying you do. Just wishing you luck." I laugh a little bit before following Eden to the formal dining room.

I sit down by Day. John and Ally are here too. Eden goes back probably to wait for Tess.

"So why am I here?" I whisper to Day.

"Every time my parents come home they make us have a dinner together and all bring a friend or in my brother's case girlfriend." He whispers back.

Day's parents come in about five minutes later. The food has already been all laid out on the table.

Day's parents talk to John and Ally for a minute. Then walk over to us.

"Daniel." His dad says. Day shakes hands with his father awkwardly. "It's nice to see you again. Who's your friend?"

"Nice to meet you Mr. Wing. I'm June."

"Hi June." His mom says.

"Hi Mrs. Wing." I say. Day shakes hands with his mom before we sit back down. That was the most awkward thing.

I don't know what to do now. I think his parents are nice but I don't know if what Day said is true or not. Maybe they do care about him.