Chapter 25: I love you too

June

I don't know why I didn't say it back. I mean I've accepted it, but accepting something and saying it are two completely different things.

"I love you too." I whisper in my room. Alone. It's so much easier now.

"Metias!" I yell. He runs up the steps and into my room.

"What's wrong Junebug?"

"Can I go to Day's house?"

"Why?"

"There's something I did wrong. And I need to make it right."

"June that's super vague." Metias says sitting next to me. "You're gonna have to give me more information."

"Day told me he loves me today." Metias gasps.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I was an idiot and I didn't say anything."

"You can go. Just be back by nine."

"Thank you." I say hugging him.

"You're welcome."

I run out to my car and drive over to Day's. I have my own car now. It's old but it's mine.

I pull into the driveway and run into their house. No one seems to be here.

I get a call on my phone. It's Eden.

"Hello?" I say as I sit on the couch. "Why aren't you guys home?" I'm kind of annoyed. Day told me that he'd be home all night. Why did he lie?

"June." Eden says. "Day's fine. He got in an accident. His knee is really bad though. They're going to have to do surgery on it."

"Okay. Where are you guys?" I'm so glad Eden opened with the fact that Day is okay. That was pretty smart of him actually.

"The hospital a mile away. I'll meet you outside the main entrance in ten minutes." Eden says. I stand up and walk back out to my car.

"Thanks Eden." I say.

"No problem."

••••••

I walk up to Eden.

"Hey June. I'm glad you're here. Daniel is about to go back for surgery." Eden says.

"Okay. Show me where the room is." I say.

We walk through the hospital halls for about three minutes and twenty seconds.

Eden and I burst into Day's room. Only to find an old woman talking to her doctor.

"Uh," Eden says awkwardly. "Sorry about that. Hope you feel better ma'am."

We leave the room awkwardly and I start laughing.

"That was great Eden. You should've seen your face." I say. We open the next door more carefully and find Day sitting on a hospital bed watching TV. He mutes it upon noticing us.

"Hey guys." He says.

"Day." I say. I sit next to him on his bed and give him a tight hug. "I need to talk to you." I whisper.

"Eden. Scram." Day says. Eden rolls his eyes and leaves the room.

"What is it sweetheart?" He asks. I look into his eyes nervously. Can I do this? Yes. How? I don't know. Even though he said it first I'm still crazy nervous.

"Well there's something I need to tell you." I say shakily. "You know how you told me you love me? Is it true?" Why did I say that?

"Of course June. I love you." He says kissing my forehead. "Is something wrong?"

"No it's just. I love you too." I say. He smiles at me and gently kisses the corner of my lips. I roll my eyes at him.

"Eden. Get back in here." Day says pulling me closer to him. Eden walks in.

"I heard everything. I don't know why you made me leave." He says sitting down in the chair next to the bed.

A doctor walks into the room five minutes later.

"Hi I'm Doctor Matthews." She says. "I'll be your surgeon."

••••••

After an hour or so it's time for me to leave and Day to go into surgery. I kiss his cheek and start my walk out of the room.

"I love you." He says. I smile.

"I love you too."

A/N: Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!

-Ava