Chapter 14: Dishes?

Day

June. June. June. What am I ever going to do about her? I mean I really like her, I know that much.

I hope I didn't scare her by not talking to her the other day I just needed to think.

"Eden!" I yell.

He walks into my room with an angered look on his face.

"Yes?" He asks.

"I need advice, and it seems the only other guy with a solid relationship in this family is out grocery shopping." I say, referring to John. Eden laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Okay what do you want?" Eden sits down in my bean bag chair.

"What am I supposed to do about June?"

"Ask her out." He shrugs.

"It's nowhere near that simple." I mumble.

"I think it is. Ask her out and if she says yes. It's that simple. If not, well at least you proved me wrong." I laugh.

"You're kinda smart Eden." I say.

"I know. Now man up and go ask her out."

"Whatever." I stand. "Not as if you've ever asked a girl out. Like ever." Eden blushes and I laugh running out of my room.

Maybe he's right. Can't hurt to try. Our friendship is already damaged because of our kiss.

I drive over to her house and run up to the door. Within seconds of my ringing the doorbell Metias answers.

"Hey Day." He says. "Can I help you with something?"

"Is June home?" He nods and goes to get her.

"Hey Day." She says walking out onto her porch. We sit together on the swings.

After a few minutes of awkward silence I finally speak. "Hey June listen, I was wondering if you'd maybe want to-"

"June you need to do the dishes!" Metias calls out the door. Ugh. Well I guess there's no way I can ask her now.

"Want to help?" June asks.

"Yeah. Sure." I say. We walk inside. She washes them and I dry them.

"What did you want to say?" June asks handing me off another dish.

"Oh, that. It can wait." Metias is basically standing over my shoulder. He's putting the dishes away. Probably just to keep me and June from being alone.

"You finish the math homework?"

"No." I say laughing. "When do I ever?"

"What about history?"

"Yeah."

I think the whole reason Metias had June do dishes was to try to get me to leave. Why do I say that? They have a dishwasher.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry it's so short but I felt like if I added anything else it would just be boring filler stuff. Vote and comment!

-Ava