Chapter Fourteen

Hailey's POV

Three days.

It's been three days since I've last seen Isaac, three days that he hasn't came to school, three days that he's been out doing some work for his dad. It's not that I hadn't talked to Isaac these passed three days, he's been texting me whenever he got the chance, calling me here and there. He said if he finished whatever he was doing early that he would be back in school on Friday, but it's the end of the day and Isaac wasn't in second period this morning.

I texted him saying good morning since I fell asleep on him last night, but never heard back from him. I personally thought it was a real inconvenience that his father was making him miss so much school to do God knows what for him. I mean, didn't he have other men for this type of thing? What if he didn't make it back on time before Saturday? I really didn't want him to cancel our date, I was actually looking forward to it, I was excited.

"Have you heard from KP today?" Angela whispers to my left.

I shake my head and whisper back, "no."

She smiles shrugging it off, "what are you doing after school?"

"Nothing," I tell her. "Just go home."

"Sofi and I are gonna go grab a bite, you should totally join us. We can make it a girls date!" She squeals. Mr. Lynch looks up from the overhead projector in front of us, glaring over our way. We're suppose to be taking notes at the moment.

I smiled sympathetically and he continues his lecture. "I can't," I whisper over to Angela. "Madison giving me a ride home."

"Invite her too!!" She says.

"Ms. Desoto!" Mr. Lynch grumbles, looking back over at us.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." She shrugs, apologizing. Mr. Lynch scolds her one last time, turning his attention back to the projector. "Bring her with you," she lowers her voice. "The more the merrier right?"

"I'll ask her," i whisper back smiling.

We stay quiet for the remaining of the period and focus on the lesson Mr. Lynch is giving, copying notes down. Well attempting to focus. My mind can't help but wonder over to Isaac every now and then. I'm really starting to miss him, I wish he would at least text me back, but he's probably busy like Angela says. I sneak my phone out my bag to check if I have any messages from him but sadly I don't. I take this time to text Madison asking her if she would like to go eat with Angela and her friend, and of course she doesn't reject the chance to hang out with the Italian goddess.

After class is over Angela and I wait patiently for Madison and Sofia in the school corridor. I'm actually a little surprised when I see Madison and Patrick walking towards us. Patrick has his right arm swung around her shoulders, smiling down at her as she talks to him.

Angela sighs besides me, "I love Patrick, I really do, but he is not boyfriend material," she glances at me. "I'd talk to Maddy if I were you, he's only gonna hurt her in the end if she gets attached."

I slowly nod but don't respond in return as Madison, Ric, and their friend Sofia have made it to where we're standing.

"Um, where do you think you're going?" Angela arches an eyebrow at Patrick.

"Maddy said you girls where gonna go grab something to eat," he smiles.

"Ew, don't call her Maddy. Only I can call her Maddy!" Angela playfully shoves Patrick and his arm comes loose from around Madison. "And yeah, us girls.. as in you're not invited, Ric!"