Chapter Twenty Four

I called my dad before leaving the house to see if he was on his way home, this way Carmen and I could take his car to the theater, but unfortunately my dad was working late today, of all days. We decided to take an uBer to the movies, and my dad would just pick us up afterwards if he was out by then, if not it was back to uber. Carmen paid for the uber ride, so I paid for the tickets, and we went halfies on the popcorn and drinks. Our movie didn't start until 8:20pm and ended at approximately a little passed 10:00 p.m.

we were currently walking back to the concession stand to buy some chocolate gummy bears for my dad, he loved those damn little things and I thought it would've been nice of me to surprise him with some. My dad was currently still working but the closes uber to us was about twenty minutes away, and my dad got off in 30, so we decided to kill time and wait around for him. We hung out in the little arcade area for about ten minutes before we got bored, and decided to walk around. I tried calling Isaac after the movie had ended, and although his phone was no longer off he still didn't answer. It seemed like he answered everybody's call, minus mine, but I didn't let it bother me, I pushed it to the side.

Carmen and I were walking out of the theater, when a group of guys were walking in and having my luck I just so happened to accidentally bumped into one of them.

Being the person that I was, I quickly apologized to him. "Oh my God, I am so sorry, that was totally my fault."

He chuckles lowly looking behind him, "nah, you're good," he smiles, lifting his head up, showing off his pearly white teeth. It's fucking Cris Roxwell. I couldn't see his face at first because it was hiding underneath his baseball cap. I look behind me to see that Carmen's already on the other side of the door, patiently waiting for me outside. I turn to walk out with my best friend when a deep voice stops me, "wait a minute, don't I know you?"

"No, not really," I shake my head softly. "I mean we go to school together, but that's it."

Cris quickly snaps his fingers in between us, crossing his arms in front of him, starting to grin a little too wickedly for my taste. "Your Matteo's girl."

Any normal teenaged girl would've immediately swooned over those three little words, but I in the other hand was having the opposite reaction, but maybe because it was coming from a guy like Cris, someone who was well known to not get along with my boyfriend.

Carmen walks back into the theater lobby, a hand on her hip. "Hey, what's taking you so long?"

I turn to Carmen, but quickly turn back to Cris and his friends, there was four of them in total, including him. "Where is he by the way? Why isn't he here, with you?"

"He's busy doing something," I answered, faster than i actually would've thought.

"I'm sure of it," he mutters. Cris than takes a step closer towards me, and Carmen grabs onto my arm pulling me back. Cris instantly picks up his hands about mid way, smiling, indicating that he wasn't going to do anything. "Does your little boyfriend know that you're here?" He asked. "I highly doubt that Matteo would let you girls come alone, especially on this side of the city."

This side? What the hell does that mean?

"Come on, Hail, we should go." Carmen tugs on my arm, and pull it away from her.

"Yeah," I reply. "He knows we came to the movies."

Cris scoffs, "but does he know you're at this theater, piccola.." not exactly, no. Cris takes another step forward, and I step back closer towards Carmen. "You know, you're rolling with the wrong team, the wrong side." He smirks. "If I were Matteo, I'd never let you out of my sight. I'd be to paranoid thinking someone's gonna try and pick up on my girl. I mean, why wouldn't they," he grins and one of his friends is quickly pulling him back.