Chapter Forty

Isaac's POV

"Pops?" I lightly tap my knuckles on his office door, it wasn't closed entirely.

"Come in, son."

I place my hand on the door, pushing it open and poke my head inside. I immediately see Don, my fathers second in command, sitting across from him, a couple papers in his lap, he quickly turns them over. "Oh, I'm sorry, pops, I didn't know you were busy."

"It's fine, KP, come in," he waves me over to him, indicating that I close the door. "Sit."

I nod shutting the door behind me and make my way over to the empty chair next to Don. I greet him as I take my seat, "what's up, Don." He nods his head, his lips barely tugging to the side.

I frown a bit, he must be in a shitty mood because as big and scary looking as Don was, he was probably one of the friendliest persons you could ever meet, it was rare seeing him in a bad mood. It was actually something that pops was really concerned about, he didn't think anyone would take Dominic seriously, seeing how he was so kind hearted, but he proved everyone wrong four years ago when he put a bullet in between one of the new recruits eyes.

Dominic reminded everyone that day just what kind of authority he actually had, apparently some of the new recruits were getting a little comfortable around him. Don't get me wrong, Don was one hell of a guy, he would be anyone's friend no doubt about it, as long as you didn't cross him, as long as you respected him, but even then at the end of it all he was still their boss, and he made sure that they never forget that. Dominic didn't like being called boss though, he felt like that was pops title and only his title, that's where he chopped his name up and Don came in place.

"Have you handled your situation yet?" Pops grumbles. Okay, they're both in bad moods.

I shake my head looking over at my dad, he was referring to the whole Layla thing. As mad as he was, pops was actually letting me take care of this myself, rather than him. Layla had another thing coming her way if she thought I was gonna let this slide, she fucked with the wrong guy, literally.

I didn't necessarily tell my dad what had happened, I guess he put two and two together after we found my Beamer in the hotel parking lot with its windows completely smashed in. He was actually more mad at me that I was stupid enough to let my guard down and get caught in that situation, i mean how the fuck was I suppose to know that her crazy ass was gonna drug me? Then again we are talking about Layla Santiago, I should have seen it coming.

"They're still looking," I tell him.

I currently had Vinny and Albert on look out since Wednesday night, but could not find that stupid bitch anywhere. I would've preferred Dion to do it himself, he was real good with finding people, but pops currently had him busy with other things that I was usually in charge of.

"You have until Monday, KP, if you're still empty handed by then I'm taking matters into my own hands. I don't care if she's a girl, I don't care how old she is, who's daughter she is, she better pray to God that I don't find her, because nobody fuck's with The Matteo's."

I nod my head looking down at my lap, "I'll get it done, dad, I promise."

"What did you need, Isaac?"