Chapter Twenty Six

I was cranky. Waffles was cranky. It was pretty evident that we weren't morning people. Isaac had woke us up early in the morning because he had somethings to do later day and wouldn't be able to hang out, but he still wanted to get Waffles shopping out of the way first.

Okay maybe I'm over exaggerating a little, it wasn't that early, it was barely 9:13am, but I didn't get much sleep because Waffles was up crying most of the night so I was pretty exhausted and a tad bit cranky.

I knew I was gonna have a couple rough nights with Waffles being in a new home trying to get comfortable, but oh my god, I literally wanted to cry on account of how tired I was. He wouldn't stay in his little corner that I had fixed up for him, I had even tried laying down with him until he fell asleep, but nothing. I eventually caved around 3 in the morning and brought him onto my bed, and the little brat immediately made himself comfortable by my legs and knocked out.

We were now currently in Isaac car on our way to pet smart, with Waffles laying on the center console. Afar from him crying last night he was such a good dog, he was extremely friendly, playful, everything a puppy should be. I thought i was gonna have a hard time potty training him, but turns out that he already was. He was near my door this morning at 6am, crying to get out. I tried calling him back to bed a few times but he only continued to whimpered, when it finally clicked that he might have to use the restroom, so I let him out and took him into the backyard and he immediately did his business.

Isaac took his hand of his lap reaching for mine, gently squeezing. "Was it that bad?" He chuckles.

I was starting to drift off in the car and his little hand gesture had woke me up, "no," I smiled. "It's just been awhile that I stayed up that late."

He brings my hand up to his lips, placing a kiss on it. "Welcome to my life," he chuckles. "Did you see your brother this morning?"

I shook my head no, "I think they were probably still asleep because his door was closed." I had told Isaac about my dad and Caleb's little argument last night. "I'ma talk to him when I get back though, I still need to tell him that Ima spend Thanksgiving with your family."

Isaac glances at me, smiling. "So you are coming?" I smile and nod in return. "Good, because I already told ma that I invited you and she's fucking ecstatic to see you again."

"She is?"

"Mhm," Isaac nods his head one single time. "She fucking adores you already." I smile looking down at my feet.

We pull up to the store five minutes later while Isaac hangs onto Waffles leash, but of course the little guy isn't used to it so he just stays put forcing Isaac to tug on it, but he doesn't budge. Isaac eventually loses the fight and picks Waffles up in his hand and we head into the store. I grab a shopping cart the second were inside and Isaac instantly places Waffles inside of it while we shop around. We're loading Isaac's trunk up half an hour later, and his wallet is down another 100$. Who spends that much money on one little puppy? You know who? My boyfriend.

I tried telling Isaac that we didn't need to buy him a bed, that he could just sleep on the bed with me, but of course the stubborn man wasn't having it. Waffles bed and the little wire play pen were the two most expensive things that he had bought, but afar from that Isaac had also gotten Waffles some treats, some shampoo, a name tag, a little water and food bowl, and plenty of toys to play with. Out of all the toys Isaac and I had both chosen for Waffles, the little stuffed hedge hog and donut were my absolute favorite, Waffles on the other hand had taking a real liking to a regular plain teddy bear.

After the pet store Isaac took us out for lunch, well breakfast still, seeing how it was only still 10a.m, but Isaac however was craving a burger from a little diner so early in the day. Luckily for us the diner he had chose had tables outside of the restaurant, so we ate out there rather than in his car with Waffles on the leash next to my side.