Chapter Fifty Seven

Hailey's POV

I groan and stretch my body out on the king size bed as I wake up alone in Isaac's room. I sit up on his bed, glancing at the clock near his tv on his furthest wall in front of me. It's 10:07 am and Isaac's nowhere to be around, then again he always lets me sleep in.

We were actually up pretty late and didn't make it back to his house until like almost six in the morning.

We spend the rest of the night at the hospital Vinny got taken to, of course with Albert and Patrick by our side. Dion wanted to go with us but Isaac insisted that he take Angela home, she needed him more than Vinny did right now, Isaac assured him that he would text him the second we found out some news.

It wasn't until a little after 3:30 in the morning when Vinny was finally out of surgery and the doctor was coming out to talk to Vinny's parents and Albert.

Vinny's parents showed up to the ER a few minutes after we did, Albert had called them on the way over here, trying to explain what happened, but his nerves were all over the place, Patrick ended up taking the phone from him and spoke on his behalf.

Of course the doctor pulled the family to the side to explain what was going on in private, Vinny's parents were sort of keeping their distance from us, or Isaac and Patrick I should say, but Albert was kind enough to inform his friends about his cousin.

The nasty gash that Vinny had on his side barely missed his liver by a couple inches, and although he was now in stable condition he did lose quite a bit of blood so they wanted him to rest, meaning no one beside his family could step in to see him, which really bothered Isaac.

That wasn't Vinny's only problem though, Vinny also had a couple of broken ribs which caused one of his lungs to collapse, which explains why he was having such a hard time breathing.

Although Isaac and Patrick weren't allowed to see Vinny yet we ended up sticking around for another couple hours.

I couldn't stay up any longer after that and actually fell asleep on Isaac's shoulder, he woke me up about an hour later telling me that we were gonna head home.

We gave Patrick a ride to his house, giving me the chance to finally know where he lived, to realize he only lived a block over from Angela and Dion. Isaac tried giving Albert a ride home as well but he decided on staying with his family.

I slowly crawl out of Isaac's bed and walk into his bathroom, pulling Isaac's shirt down so that it covers my butt. I didn't bring any clothes to sleep in, they were still over at Angela's, seeing how I was originally suppose to stay over with her, therefore Isaac gave me one of his to sleep in. I close the door behind me, quickly using the restroom.

I wash my hands after wards, along with my face and teeth with an extra tooth brush that Isaac bought me awhile back and walk back into his bedroom.

I reach for my bag at the end of Isaac's bed and pull my phone out to find a couple messages from Angela, my dad, and Carmen. I ignore my friends and instantly open my dad's, it's from a couple hours ago stating that he was leaving for work and asked how Angela was doing. I quickly reply to him and exit out of his message thread and go into Isaac's asking him where he's at and send the blue message.

About a second later I hear a ding coming from Isaac's nightstand, I walk over to it to find his phone still on his charger and groan loudly as I let myself fall on his bed.

"What's the point of even having it then!" I grumble out loud.

I hear a deep chuckle in the room, "what are you complaining about now woman?"