Chapter Fifty Nine

Isaac's POV

"Fuck!" I swear loudly, throwing my phone against Angela's hallway when I realized that Hailey has blocked my number, again.

"Hey, you okay?" Dion pops his head in from the living room.

I shake my head, running my hands through my hair. I'm so fucking pissed right now that my hands are actually shaking.

"What's going on, KP?"

I take a deep breath and look down at my shattered phone on the floor, aggravating myself even more than I already was. I walk over to it, and pick it up. "I gotta run, you cool staying here?" I look back at Dion.

He nods, "what's up? What's got you so hostile?" 

I look over at my best friend, concern written all over his face. I shake my head, still confused as hell from our phone call.

"Hailey," I sigh, looking down at my phone.

"What about her? She cool?"

I shake my head again, "I don't fücking know." I look up at Dion, "David's on my dad's payroll."

Dion crosses his arms along his chest, leaning against the wall, "no kidding, I'm guessing she didn't take it so good?"

I shake my head for a third time, "she's the one that told me," I point towards my chest, and see the immediate confusion on Dion's face. "I didn't fücking know, I swear I didn't. But she has it set differently in her mind though, she swears that I was hiding it from her."

"Maybe there's some type of confusion," Dion attempts to make the situation better.

Again, I shake my head, "she sounded pretty fücking sure.. I just got her back, Dee, I can't afford to lose her again, I didn't do anything!"

Dion pushes himself off of the wall, "it's fine, KP, you're fine." He places his hands on my shoulders, "relax. She's just worked up right now, let's give her a few minutes to breathe."

"Why the fuck wouldn't he tell me David was a part of his payroll? You'd think he'd mention it by now!"

Dion shakes his head, "maybe that's why he was so reluctant on you dating Red to begin with."

"Then he should've fuckin' said something!" I brush Dion's arms off of me.

"Would it have mattered though? Would you have backed off?"

"No," I admit. "But at least I wouldn't have been so blind sided! I wouldn't feel so god damn betrayed like she's probably feeling right now!"

"I'm sure he had his reasons, Isaac, talk to him before you escalate things."

"She blocked my number," I murmur walking past him and back into the living room. "How the hell am I gonna get her back this time?"

"Get who back?" Angela questions.

She's sitting on the floor next to her couch, playing with her new fury friend that Dion has bought her. He didn't get her the Corgi like Hailey suggested she should, he ended up getting her a Pomeranian puppy. We were leaving the hospital when the seller texted Dion that the puppy was ready for pick up.

"Red's gon' off the rails again," Dion walks up behind me.

Angela quickly snaps her gaze in our direction, "what happened?"

I shrug my shoulders as Angela frowns, clearly confused as to what's going on. Dion walks over to her, he leans down and places a kiss on her forehead, "I'll fill you in later, let me borrow your phone."