Chapter Thirty Two

Hailey's POV

God how did things get so bad so quick. Isaac and I were fine, I thought we were doing okay, I thought we were making progress, and then he goes and blows up in my face. I still couldn't even comprehend what the hell had happened, where everything went wrong. I of course didn't get one ounce of sleep last night, and the bags under my eyes were evident of that. Not only were they dark, but they were puffy and red from having cried so much.

I obviously had to tell my dad what was wrong and said that Isaac and I had broke up, but didn't give him the full details. He eventually made me take one of my anxiety pills through the middle of the night to calm me down, and it was the only reason why I got the little sleep that I did. My dad just so happen to have today off and insisted that I stay home with him, take the day off from school, but I would rather be at school than at home moping around.

I didn't go looking for Isaac after him and Dion had left school, I had convinced myself that he just needed some space. I would give him some time to calm down, wait for him to call me like he always did when he got over something, but he didn't this time. My heart fell into a deeper pit of sadness when he didn't show up in second period this morning. Not only was he just not in class, but Isaac's buddies, Niko and Lorenzo, sat at a different table this morning leaving Madison and I alone. The same went for the rest of the classes that I had with Isaac's friend, they all basically avoided me and sat on the opposite side of the room.

Except for Angela of course, she was constantly texting me checking up on me. She even asked if she could hang out with me during lunch today because she didn't want to be with the guys. I was currently sitting in my math class right now, trying my hardest not to have an emotional breakdown, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to talk to him so bad, I missed him, I wanted everything to be alright. The more and more I thought about him, the more and more I was starting to regret not staying home like my dad suggested I do. I don't know how, but word quickly got around school that Isaac and I were no longer together, so all the people staring at me, muttering things here and there, didn't make things any easier for me.

My eyes immediately threaten to water up and I quickly asked if I could be excused from class, luckily for me Mr. Brit actually agreed to let me go. I quickly packed my things up and told Madison that I would see her at lunch and left the class. Tears soon started free falling from my eyes the second I made it into the girls restroom, I quickly locked myself in an empty stall starting to cry my heart out. Thank God nobody else was in here.

I wanted to hear his voice so bad right now, I wanted him to tell me that everything was okay. I sat there crying on the toilet for about twelve seconds when I decided to cave in and call him. I pulled my phone out of my bag, unlocked it and scrolled through my contacts until I hit his name. I hesitated for a second, afraid that he wouldn't answer, but then managed to dial out his number.

With a shaky hand I bring my phone up to my ear and listen to the dial tone ring until it stops, and I think I've hit his voicemail but an unfamiliar feminine voice answers the phone. "Hello?"

I feel my heart immediately fall to my stomach, "Who is this?" I asked, my heart starting to race in my chest.

"Uh, an old friend you can say," she giggles.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Isaac's voice is now suddenly in the back ground, among with some other back ground noise and then is suddenly speaking into the phone.

"Hello?"

His voice nearly sends me over the edge and I start to feel sick to my stomach.