Chapter Forty Nine

WHAT? DOUBLE UPDATE? Hahaha ya girl finally finished school last week on Wednesday and I have a lot of free time on my hands until I start my externship, so guess what I've been doing to kill time? Writing, writing, writing! Anyways enjoy my babies, because after this week it's off to the real world.

⚠️WARNING ⚠️ Things are about to get smutty up in this bitch lol

-K 💕

Isaac's POV

We stand out in the hall way for about a good ten minutes, giving Dion plenty of time to calm down, when Angela's parents turn up out of the blue. I get a little iffy seeing Mr. Desoto, I know the type of temper that he has, it's not as bad as my dads, but he can be pretty lethal when he's upset, and as of right now I don't know how he feels about his daughter being pregnant, or if they even know that it was Dion's baby.

I easily get the hint that they do once Mrs. DeSoto goes into hug him, and Dion's breaking down all over again, especially with Angela's father, telling him that he's sorry the same exact way he was telling me. Mr. DeSoto doesn't really say anything, he continues to embrace Dion and I take this chance to dismiss myself, leaving the family to themselves.

I don't text Hailey, I don't call her once I'm finally home, i simply let it be, I'll call her tomorrow to check up on her.

I stop by my Nan's house on the way home to break the news to my mother and she's immediately in tears, hugging me, asking me if I'm okay.

My grandmother of course try's to feed me while I'm there visiting, but seeing how it's already late I politely decline, and she makes me a plate to go.

What really surprises me is that ma makes a to go plate for my pops too. I give her a knowing stare, telling her that she should just come home already, stop being so damn stubborn, I know she misses him, but she doesn't budge still.

I grab both plates, kiss my mother and grandmother goodbye, and make my way home. It's a little passed 10:30 by the time I'm actually in bed, when my phone vibrates on my night stand. I decide to ignore it, I figure that it's probably one of the guys asking for something, and as of 10 pm tonight I became off duty, they can call my father if they want to bug someone.

I hang out in bed, watching a bit of tv, Netflix to be exact, when I guess I must've dozed off and fallen asleep.

A light vibration wakes me up and it takes a couple seconds for me to realize that it's my phone ringing. I groan softly as I roll over on my back and reach for the damn thing.

I immediately wake up when I see Hailey's name and picture blasted on my screen. My heart instantly fills up with a warm sensation every time I see the picture pop up.

I took it back in November, on Thanksgiving day. Hailey's sitting in my family's living room, with Jessie to her side, while she held Waffles in her lap, and Milo in Jessie's lap, both of them snuggling the dogs with the cheesiest smile ever.

I answer the call before it stops ringing and place the phone next to my ear, "hello?"

"Hi," her soft gentle voice is soon filling my ears.

"Hey," I croak.

"Were you asleep already? Did I wake you up? I'm sorry."

"No, no, you're fine, I was just resting my eyes."

I hear her snort softly, "that's what you always says when you fall asleep, Isaac."

I chuckle a bit, "shhh, what are you doing up so late?" The clock on my far wall, next to my tv, indicated that it was seven minutes passed midnight, I had been asleep for a little over an hour.