Chapter Forty Three

Isaac's POV

I'm going to fucking kill him.

I pound on the door one last time, praying to baby Jesus that they're in this room. About two seconds later the idiot that I just so happen to be looking for opens the door, a wide grin on his face, but it doesn't last long. I quickly push the door open and take a step inside, socking Caleb in the face, maybe a little too hard because he ends up stumbling to the ground.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" I shout, letting my anger drive me.

I've just about had it with this idiot. I tried to keep my cool with Caleb, I really did, seeing how he was my girlfriends older brother. Girlfriend? My pesky subconscious scoffed. Last time I checked you hadn't asked her out again. I mentally rolled my eyes, when a familiar cringing feminine voice gains my attention.

"I-Isaac?"

I glance over to the middle of the room, where the beds at to find Layla slowly getting off of it.

"Surprise princess, I'll get to you in a second," I point over at her, noting the instant fear in her eyes.

"Get up!" I focus my attention back on Caleb. He looks up at me confused as he slowly gets up, "do you have any idea how fuckin' lucky you got tonight?" I growl taking a step towards him.

"Isaac, stop!" Layla grabs ahold of my arm turning me back around. "Leave him alone, please!"

I scoff wrenching my arm away from her. Oh this is too perfect, she actually thinks I give a fuck about who she messes around with. I grab her by the face, my hand tight around her jaw and her hands immediately fly up to my wrist, "get him the fuck out of here, Ric," I growl behind me, never once taking my eyes off of Layla.

"Come on," I hear Ric command behind me, but I refuse to look in that direction.

This was actually a good thing, Layla not knowing that Caleb and I were aquatinted. I wouldn't personally call him a friend because I couldn't stand looking at his fuckin' face right now, I actually wanted to bash it in still. Shit could've really gone sideways when Dion and I realized that Zeb and him were some how aquatinted. I didn't know how close they actually were, all I knew was that Zeb worked for Ax and if Zeb actually knew Caleb like I think he did, then he had to have known about Hailey, and I couldn't risk anything getting back to her in any form of way, I couldn't put her in jeopardy, I wouldn't, I was barely starting to get her back.

I nearly lost my mind when I realized that Caleb took his ear piece out and turned it off. I actually wanted to come out from hiding and go get his dumbass from where he was at, but thankfully Dion had stopped me. He reminded me that we weren't back at home, we had to be cautious about every little thing. Ax legitimately had about twenty of his guys here at this fuckin' party, and everyone one of them knew my face, Dion's face, every single one of us, minus Caleb.

If anyone one of them found out that Summers was working for me or even suspected it and it got back to Verdino, Caleb would've been a dead man and there wouldn't have been anything that I could have done to stop it. We were in Mr. Verdino's turf, Axel's old mans side of the city, we were vulnerable out here.

Still grabbing ahold of Layla's face I start to take a few steps forward, forcing her to walk backwards until I'm slamming her back against a wall, "you my dear are one tough bitch to find."

I immediately sense Dion standing to the right of me, "KP," he murmurs.

I quickly glance over at him and note the blade that he's trying to hand me, I take it with my free hand and instantly point it in Layla's face. "You have something of mine and I want it back."