III

December, 2017

Louis had done it, after thinking about it a few days, he had decided to go with the girls to South East Asia to have one last adventure, even if it was a short one, and he didn't regret a thing.

They had left Australia the last week of October, and gone straight to Thailand, where they had spent the Loi Krathong Festival, which happened the fist week of November, and it was everything Louis had ever imagined and more. Then they had gone to Myanmar, where he saw the most beautiful temples he had ever seen, not to mention the beaches, then they went to Laos, and then Cambodia, which were both breathtaking.

But it was then that Louis decided he needed to stop, the girls were going to continue to Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia, but Louis knew he couldn't keep going. For one thing, he was running out of money to spend, because he hadn't spent enough time working in Australia to earn much, and second of all, his belly was starting to get bigger and he hadn't had a checkup in 6 or 7 weeks, so it would have been irresponsible to keep at it.

So while Natalia and Camila made their way to discover what wonders Vietnam had to offer, Louis boarded a plane that was going to take him back home.

Well, it wasn't exactly that plane, because he had to make 2 layovers, and overall it took him 24 hours (and a very scary landing due to a storm) to get back to London, but he finally made it on the evening of the first Sunday in December.

"Home sweet home" Louis mumbled to himself after his passport was stamped, marking his return to England in 6 and half years now.

Louis was just carrying a smaller backpack with him, because he had checked his bigger travel rucksack, so he headed to the baggage claim and waited for it to arrive in the carousel that was marked with the flight number he had arrived in. In all the time he had been traveling, there had been a few times when it had been misplaced or lost, but somehow he had been very lucky, and had always gotten it back. And apparently that luck wasn't running out, because just a few minutes into waiting he saw it and he grabbed it.

He attached his smaller backpack to the bigger one, like he always did, put it on, and then started looking for an ATM, because he obviously didn't have a single English pound, and he was going to need that. He found one soon enough, and after getting a bit of money, he followed the signs to go to the underground station, because he had to take the tube to get to his destination.

Halfway there, he found a big map of the London underground, and he stopped to look at it, to check properly what line he was going to get in, and where he had to change lines and eventually get off.

Louis had just finished, being sure of what he had to do, and had taken a step back to turn around, when someone bumped into him, making him lose his balance, and he would've fallen, but the same lad than bumped into him made sure he didn't.

"I'm sorry, mate" the lad apologized, his voice deep "Are you okay?".

"Yeah, I'm okay" Louis said brushing it off.

That's when he looked at him, and he realized he was wearing a pilot uniform, and he had gorgeous green eyes, the kind someone could get lost in.

"Sure?" the pilot asked, his face a little worried.

"Yeah, don't worry" Louis smiled, unable to stop himself.