XLVIII

Although Brazil had been amazing, and all the fun things they had done there had made Louis feel like he was alive again, what happened to Julian had been enough for him to be at least a little glad to be back in London.

But he wasn't looking forward to going back to the routine, that bored him.

"When do you have to fly?" Louis asked his boyfriend, as they laid in bed together.

They had gotten home early that morning, but had gone straight to bed, because just like on the last flight, Julian had not slept much, but now after sleeping a few hours, Louis felt a lot more rested.

"Tomorrow morning, I'm going to Beijing" Harry answered.

"Are you serious?" Louis asked in disbelief.

In the last 3 weeks, he had gotten used to being with Harry 24/7, so it was going to be hard going back to him being gone every 3 days.

"Someone has to pay the bills, baby boy" Harry said with a half smile.

"I pay for some of it" Louis pointed out, feeling a little bad.

"I didn't mean it like that, it was a joke" Harry said softy.

"No, I know, but you reminded me that I need to get a job" Louis sighed.

"You don't have to" Harry said very seriously.

"Yes, I do, I need to do something with my life, even if that is waiting tables" Louis said, having made the decision already.

"What about Julian?" Harry questioned.

"Daycare, I guess" Louis shrugged "And I think it will be good for him to spend time with other kids".

"So does this mean you decided you're not going to go to school?" Harry questioned.

"Yes" Louis nodded "It's just not for me".

"Okay" Harry nodded.

"Are you disappointed in me?" Louis asked, sensing a weird vibe from Harry.

"No, baby" Harry denied "You do whatever makes you happy".

"Okay" Louis smiled "Then starting Monday I'm going to start looking for a job, and also a daycare for Julian".

"Do you think I could have a say on the daycare you choose?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Of course you will have a say" Louis was quick to reply "I would never make that decision without you".

"Thanks, love" Harry smiled.

Then Harry went to Julian's room to see if he had woken up from his nap too, which he had, then they had lunch, and then spent the afternoon unpacking and doing laundry.

Yep, very fun times.

"The Tomlinson-Styles are back!" Liam said when he arrived home that evening, and saw Louis with Julian there, Harry had gone out to pick up dinner.

"We are!" Louis grinned, and happily went to greet Liam with a hug "Where have you been all day? Niall's?"

"Yep" Liam smiled "But I know he likes to spend time with just Declan sometimes, so I thought I'd come home for dinner".

"Great, because Harry went to pick up some, and we can tell you all about our vacation" Louis decided.

"I'd love that".

"Yeah? So you missed us?" Louis wondered.

"It was nice having the flat to myself, but I did miss Harry cleaning the bathroom" Liam answered smiling "And Julian, of course".