XV

Louis had promised Harry he would talk to Liam, but it had been a week and a half since that and he still hadn't done it.

But on his defense he had a lot more important things that were occupying his mind, like the fact that he was 33 weeks pregnant, and he still hadn't decided what he was going to do with the baby.

A few days after the disastrous meeting with Jonathan and Anthony, Sally, the social worker from the adoption agency, called him to apologize, and asked if he wanted to move along with the process and for them to look for a new couple.

And Louis' sincere answer had been 'I don't know'.

Because that was the thing, he didn't know when he talked to her, and he still didn't know now.

It was all so damn confusing.

"Here's the check" Louis said putting the bill on the table he had been waiting on.

"There you go" the woman said, putting a £50 bill on the little tray.

"I'll be right back with the change" Louis said, seeing as it was a £28 bill.

"Keep it, honey" the woman said, got up from his chair, and smiled and Louis' bump "For the baby".

"Oh... thanks" Louis said gratefully, but felt a little bad at the same time.

"You're welcome" the woman answered, and walked away with her husband.

Louis took the money to the cashier, who gave him the change, and he put it in the pocket of his apron along with the rest of the tips he had made that day.

He then went to pick up an order to the kitchen window and took it took it to the table it belonged to, and then looked at the big clock in the wall, and realized it was almost 11 o'clock, which was the time he usually took his break and ate something.

But he still had a large table to wait on, and when they finally asked for the check and paid, leaving Louis a decent tip, he was able to go to the kitchen to ask for a burger to eat, which he had been craving all day.

He sat down at a corner table to eat, and he had just taken a bite when Niall sat on the chair across from him.

"Mind if I join you?" Niall wondered, leaving his own burger on the table.

Louis had his mouth full so he just shook his head, meaning he didn't mind.

"So..." Niall trailed off.

Louis raised an eyebrow as he took another bite to eat, not being sure if Niall was just out of something to talk about or if the had something in his mind.

"Declan's dad is picking him up from school today and taking him for the weekend, so I was thinking we could hang out after work?" Niall proposed.

Louis felt a bit uncomfortable at the mention of Declan's dad, because it reminded him of that meeting, which he hadn't told Niall about, he wasn't completely sure if he should.

"Yeah, sounds great, Harry's flying and Liam and I aren't talking so I could really use the company of a good friend" Louis smiled, dismissing the thought of Jonathan from his head.

"Great, but why aren't you and Liam talking? You told me he's been your best friend since you were 2" Niall frowned.

"4, and it's a long story" Louis sighed "Maybe we can talk about it after work".

"Sure" Niall smiled gently.

Then they both finished their food quickly because the diner started filling up, and there was only one other waitress besides them, and when they did, they went straight back to work. And the diner got so full, that Louis didn't even notice the time until he saw the waiter that was supposed to take his shift arriving.