LXXX

LOUIS

Harry and Louis were officially home owners, and it had happened very fast.

The day they went to see the house Harry made the offer, and Eric took it to the owners, who accepted the offer the same day.

Then 2 days later, Harry finalized the loan paperwork with the bank, and by the time the new year came they were ready to move in to their new house.

At first Louis thought just Harry was going to be the owner of the house, because he was putting the down payment, and he was getting the loan, but Harry insisted this was their house, so they both needed to own it, and Louis eventually agreed.

But for a minute though, right before they signed the contract, Louis felt a little anxious, but it eventually went away, and he was genuinely happy about the step they had taken.

Because it was short notice, they still had to pay the entire month of rent at their previous house, so they took the time to paint all the rooms in the new house before they moved in, but they had to be quick about it, because they had their trip to Brazil and Aruba coming up during the last 2 weeks of January, and they wanted to move before they left.

"Are we ever going to finish unpacking these boxes?" Louis asked laying down on the couch.

"There's not much left" Harry said from the kitchen, he was unpacking boxes over there.

"Are you kidding me?" Louis asked dramatically "There's nothing unpacked upstairs".

"The beds and the curtains are ready in every room" Harry contradicted "And we don't have to finish today, babe".

"But you have to work tomorrow, and the kids arrive tomorrow too" Louis pointed out.

Julian and Naomi had gone to Louis' mum the previous day so they stayed out of the way during the move, while Buttercup and Bailey had gone to Anne's house for the same reason. But because they were leaving for Brazil in 4 more days, the cats were going to stay at Anne's until they came back from the trip, cats could get very stressed with moves and they wanted to keep their stress level to a minimum.

"The kids won't mind if there are a few unpacked boxes around" Harry pointed out as he walked over to him.

"But I want everything to be ready when they arrive" Louis said taking his feet off the couch so Harry could sit, which he did.

"Then let's finish" Harry smiled.

"I'm tired" Louis whined.

"You're a big baby" Harry laughed.

Louis laughed too, knowing that he was acting like a baby, but it was true that he was tired, they had woken up at the crack of dawn that morning to start the move, which they had done completely by themselves, because they had chosen a week day to move, so none of their friends had been able to give them a hand because of work.

"At least this will be the last time we move in a very long time" Harry smiled.

"Yeah" Louis smiled back, and looked around "Maybe next time we move will be after Jules and Naomi move out and we realize the house is too big for just the 2 of us".

"I think I would want stay here anyway, that way we have room for our grandkids when they visit" Harry suggested.

"What if we don't have grandkids?" Louis asked.

"Why wouldn't we have grandkids?".

"I don't know, maybe Jules and Naomi won't want to have kids" Louis suggested.