XXIII

The first though in Louis' head when he woke up was his baby boy.

He tried to snuggle him tighter, knowing he had fallen asleep with him in his arms, but that was when he realized he didn't have him anymore.

Louis opened his eyes in alarm, because they weren't supposed to take him yet, not before he said so.

He looked around the room, his eyes wild, but he calmed down when he saw Harry was sleeping in the recliner that was in the room, and he had the baby on his chest.

He had no idea why Harry had the baby, but he wasn't mad about it, it actually made him smile, because after giving birth with Harry by his side, he had developed even more feelings for him, and seeing with his child was heart warming.

But that didn't mean Harry was allowed to keep holding, because he wanted to do that, so he pushed the bed covers off, and got up from the bed.

He walked over to the recliner, and when he looked at the baby closer, he realized he had his eyes open, but he was completely quiet, which was so cute.

"Hi, little man, come here" Louis cooed and he softly took him from Harry's arms.

But when he did, the pilot opened his eyes, clearly startled, but his eyes softened when he saw Louis.

"Louis, why are you up?" Harry asked as he stretched.

"I wanted him back" Louis said, looking at the tiny baby who was now in his arms, and kissed his nose "Why did you have him?".

"He started fussing, and you were so tired, and I didn't want him to wake you, so I took him to settle him down, but it turned out he needed a nappy change, so I did that, and then I sat down with him to get him to fall asleep before I gave him back, but I guess I fell asleep before I could do that" Harry explained.

"You changed his nappy?" Louis asked.

"Uhm... yes, was that wrong? Did I overstep?" Harry asked with big (but tired) green eyes.

"No, I'm just surprised you willingly changed a nappy" Louis chuckled "Was it disgusting?".

"A bit, but I used to change Zoey all the time, so it wasn't anything new" Harry shrugged.

"Thanks for doing it, though" Louis told him.

"No problem" Harry smiled "He's a good baby".

"He's a perfect baby" Louis corrected, looking back at the baby boy, who was still awake, and was poking out his little tongue "So, so perfect".

Louis lifted him up again, and kissed his forehead, before he went back to the bed, and with Harry's help he laid down in it, always holding his son.

"What time is it?" Louis suddenly asked.

"Uh..." Harry hesitated, and looked at the time in his watch "8:30".

"I should call my mum, I told her she's be the first person I'd call" Louis remembered "Can you hand me my phone?".

Harry grabbed the phone from a bed side table where it had been left when they arrived at the hospital, and gave it to Louis, but that's when he noticed it had ran out of battery.

"I have my charger in my backpack, can you get it for me?" Louis requested.

"Sure" Harry said, and went over to get Louis' backpack, opened it, and started taking things from it, the first being the baby clothes and blanket "You brought clothes for him".

"Yeah, they're for when he has to leave" Louis explained, just the thought of it making his heart hurt.

"He's still going to leave?" Harry asked stopping what he was doing, and looked at Louis with surprised eyes.