XIX

Louis had managed to make the call to the social worker.

But even to his own surprise, he didn't tell Sally that he wanted to give the baby to Zayn and Gigi, instead, he asked for another meeting with them... he just needed to know that they were right.

And so a new meeting with them was set up, which was today.

Louis was a wreck of nerves on his way to the adoption agency, even more so because he was going alone this time, because Harry was currently flying, and he hadn't asked anyone else to come with him, but maybe he should've.

No, Louis told himself, you can do this alone.

He walked into the adoption agency, and this time he was the first one to arrive, so he was led into the same room where he met Zayn and Gigi, and was offered something to drink, which he accepted, and he was brought water like he asked.

Just 5 minutes later, the door of the room opened, and in came Sally, leading Gigi and Zayn inside, the couple looking as gorgeous as Louis remembered them to be, and they both smiled warmly at him.

"Hi, Louis" Gigi spoke first, and offered her hand, but her eyes were in the bump again "It's nice to see you again".

"You too" Louis smiled back, and shook her hand, and then her husband's, who said hello to him as well "I hope it's okay that I asked for another meeting".

"It's perfectly fine" Zayn replied as they both sat down.

"I just... I like you both a lot, but I need to be 100% sure of you, you know?" Louis told them.

"We completely understand" Gigi nodded "So you can ask us whatever you want to know".

And that was when Louis had no idea what to say, because he didn't know exactly what was it that he wanted to know, he just wanted to have a feel of this people again, which he was getting already, and he remembered why he liked them so much the first time.

"Do you think you would tell the baby that they're adopted?" Louis finally asked.

"We've actually talked about that" Zayn said, and looked at Gigi briefly, who nodded "And we decided that our kids will always know that they're adopted, we'll try to make it a natural thing, because we don't want them to find out when they're older and think we've been lying to them all the time".

"I like that" Louis nodded, thinking this couple couldn't get any more perfect.

"And if the baby ever asks if we know why he or she was given up for adoption, we would say it's because their parent wanted to give them a better life" Gigi explained, and then quickly added "That's if it's alright with you".

"It would be, because that's why I'm doing this" Louis said, and he believed he was.

"We know" Gigi said, giving him a gentle smile.

"Do you... uhm..." Louis hesitated, trying to think of something else to ask, to change the subject "Do you have names picked out for a baby?".

"We have a short list of girls and boys names that we both like, but nothing's set in stone as to what we would choose, we've always said that we want to meet our baby and let them tell us their name, obviously not literally, but we think their face and their personality should play a role" Gigi explained "Does that make sense?".

"It does, yeah" Louis nodded, liking that.

"Of course, if you give us your baby, and you want to have a say on the name, we would be totally open to it" Zayn added.

"No, no, I would never do that, if the baby goes to you, then he or she will be 100% yours, not mine" Louis was quick to reply "But thanks for offering, that's really kind of you".