LXX

HARRY

Fûck, fûck, fûck, was all Harry could think about as he read Louis' note over and over again.

He couldn't process it properly, because how could Louis do this? How could he leave?

He took his phone out and called him again, but of course it went to voicemail again, so he texted him once more.

To Louis: Louis where the fuck are you??? You need to come back home.

To Louis: Please, Lou, just call me.

Of course there was no reply, and Harry read the note again, and only now gave it a second interpretation. Because when he first read it, he automatically assumed Louis had left them to go back to his old life, but what if by 'I can't do this anymore', he meant something else? What if he wanted to...

He couldn't even think about it.

Harry ran upstairs, and opened Louis' side of the closet, and surely enough he found some of his clothes were missing, which meant he had taken them.

Then he went over to the dresser they had in their room, and he opened the last drawer, which actually had a lock, because it was where they kept important things, like Louis' and Julian's passports.

Except only Julian's passport was there, not Louis', which meant he had taken it.

This confirmed Harry had been right at first, Louis had left them to go back to his traveling life.

But how could he do that?

How could he leave his babies behind?

Now all of the things Louis said the night before made sense, he had been saying goodbye, and Harry had been too stupid to realize it.

"Fuck you, Louis" Harry spat as he sat on the bed, and held his head with his hands.

He was so angry at him, and at the same time he was in so much pain, because he loved Louis more than anything, and he couldn't imagine life without him.

He needed him, the kids needed him, they couldn't grow up without their mum, they were both so little, and so attached to him.

What had he been thinking?

Why hadn't he talked to him?

"Daddy!" Julian yelled from downstairs.

Harry wiped the tears that had fallen down his eyes, and quickly went downstairs to see what Julian needed, and as he reached the living room he heard Naomi softly crying, which she did sometimes, it wasn't always screams.

"Did you call me because Naomi's crying?" Harry asked as he took Naomi from the bouncer, who stopped crying the second he held her.

"Yeah" Julian nodded cutely.

"You're such a good big brother" Harry smiled through his pain.

Julian gave him a big grin, and Harry knelt down to be able to hug his little son while he still held his daughter.

How was he going to explain to Julian that his mummy was never coming back?

No, he couldn't think like that, Louis had to come back, he HAD to.

He kissed Julian's head, and asked him if he wanted to go play outside, and he agreed right away, so Harry took him to the backyard, and let him do whatever he wanted.

Harry's head was full of questions as he watched Julian run around with a little football.

Where had Louis gone?