LII

Louis knew that Harry started the preparations to buy a house just days after the decision was made that Liam would keep the flat for him, Niall and Declan, and in just 2 weeks he was able to have almost all the paperwork ready in the bank.

That's why by the time Halloween came, they had already gone to see 3 houses that according to Harry were on their price range, but neither of them ended up liking any of those houses, although Louis was sure he was never going to like any.

It was the first week of November now, and they were going to go see another house today, Harry was picking Louis up from work after his shift at the coffee shop was over, but that wasn't going to happen for another hour.

"Got any plans for the weekend?" Madison, another barista, asked Louis.

It was 2 P.M and it was Friday, which usually was a more or less a busy time, but there was no one waiting in line to order.

"Not really" Louis answered "I just have to look at a house today after work and then another one tomorrow morning with Harry".

"You're looking to buy a house?" Madison asked surprised. 

"Uhm, yeah... well, Harry is" Louis clarified, because whatever house Harry got, it was technically going to be his house, not theirs.

"Wow, you're so lucky, Lou" Madison told him "All Jensen spends money on is his stupid motorcycle, we'll be lucky if we're able to buy a place by the time Alice's 18". 

Madison was a few years younger than Louis, and she had  a boyfriend, Jensen, who Louis had figured out a while ago, was a complete loser, and together they had a 3 year old daughter named Alice. Madison actually talked about Alice a lot, probably as much as Louis talked about Julian.

"Hi, can I get a large soy milk latte with a little vanilla?" a customer asked Louis, interrupting their conversation. 

"Sure" Louis allowed a grabbed a cup and wrote the order on it "What's your name?". 

"Adrian" the lad answered.

Louis wrote it down on the cup, then Madison took the cup to make the coffee and Louis charged the lad for it, after asking if he wanted something else.

"So it must be so much fun going house hunting" Madison resumed their conversation after Adrian left with his coffee. 

"Uhm..." Louis shrugged, wanting to be honest "I'm not really into it, I even told Harry he could choose the house on his own, but he says he needs my opinion about what he ends up buying".

"Of course you need to get a say, it's where you're probably going to live for a lot of years, maybe even forever" Madison pointed out.

Hearing that made Louis anxious, and even a little dizzy, which happened every time Harry or anyone else talked about the matter. He had actually been throwing up a lot because of it, but he hadn't told anyone, because he knew the cause and there was nothing to be done... except maybe going to a shrink or something.  

And maybe his face or his body language gave his anxiety away, because Madison clearly noticed.

"Or not?" Madison frowned, and even tilted her head to the side in confusion "What's wrong?".

"I'm just not very sure about the house thing" Louis confessed, and ran his hand across his hair.

"Why not? Are you thinking about breaking up with Harry?" Madison asked, her eyes wide with shock.

"No!" Louis flatly denied "I love Harry, and he's the only person I ever want to be with, but just thinking about getting a house freaks me out, it makes me feel so trapped it's almost unberable".