XL

Louis gave Harry a quick kiss, and then left the flat to go get the sushi.

He had been wanting to eat sushi for a few days, so he was happy that Harry said they could eat whatever he wanted.

And he was also happy that Harry was paying for the sushi, because honestly, he didn't have enough money for "luxuries" like that; the money Bruno was giving him every month was for rent, bills, and things for Julian, and he had just had to spend a ton of money in new clothes for the baby, because he had outgrown a lot of it.

But he didn't want to have to depend on his boyfriend, or even Liam, to be able to do something as simple as buy sushi, so he had already decided that somehow he was going to have to get a job, and soon.

Louis had just left the building, and was heading to the right, were the sushi place was, when his phone started ringing in his pocket, and when he took it out, he saw it was Bruno FaceTiming him.

Since Julian's accident a week before, things had been a little awkward between them; every time Bruno called, he asked how Julian's injuries were, Louis answered, and then he let him see Julian, and Bruno would talk to him for a while, and that was it.

And so Louis knew Bruno was calling to see Julian, but because he wasn't with him, he declines the FaceTime called.

But he knew that he couldn't decline a FaceTime call from the father of his son without an explanation, so he immediately called him back.

"Louis, why didn't you-" Bruno started to ask as soon as he picked up.

"Because I'm not with Jules right now" Louis explained, knowing where the question was headed.

"Where is he? With your mum?" Bruno wanted to know.

"No, he's with Harry at the flat, I just left to come pick up dinner, but I'll be back in 20 minutes tops, and I promise I'll FaceTime you so you can see him" Louis told him.

"Okay, thank you" Bruno accepted "I'll talk to you then".

"Wait" Louis stopped him, not wanting him to hang up.

"What?" Bruno questioned.

"Can we talk?" Louis asked, because he thought it was time to patch things up, he didn't want to keep having an awkward relationship with Bruno.

"What about?" Bruno asked back.

"About what happened to Julian" Louis replied, and continued talking in case Bruno didn't want to talk "It really was an accident, Bruno".

"I know it was an accident, Louis, I would never think you did it on purpose, I know how much you love our son" Bruno replied.

"Then why did you go off on me like that? I was already nervous enough, and beating myself over what happened, and you just had to go on and call me a reckless and negligent parent" Louis told him.

"I'm really sorry, Louis, I shouldn't have said those things" Bruno apologized "But you have to put yourself in my shoes, I'm miles away from my son, and if something happens to him I can't get in a car and go check on him, so I just freaked out".

"I know, and I understand that you got nervous, I was too, but you didn't have to take it out on me" Louis let him know "We're supposed to be a team, Bruno, for Julian, but we weren't last week, we were far from a team".

"You're absolutely right, but Julian's just 5 months old, and we're still figuring things out" Bruno pointed out.

"True, but no matter what, we should have each others backs".

"I agree, and I'm sorry if I didn't do that" Bruno apologized again "And what matters most is that Julian's okay".

"It is" Louis agreed "So we're good, right?".