X

It was Louis' 25th birthday.

He was a quarter of a century old.

Yay!

...not really.

And not because he was upset to be getting older, he didn't care about that, it was because for his last 6 birthdays, he had always made sure to do something very fun and very special, but this year was not going to be the case.

He was going to have to spend it at home with his mum and stepfather.

And it wasn't that he didn't want to see them and spend time with them, because he did, but he knew for sure that all his mum was going to talk about was Louis' baby, and how against she was about him giving it away.

At least he was pretty sure his stepdad was not going to meddle, he never did when it came to Louis' relationship with his mum. She had met Dan when Louis was 12 years old, but only introduced him to Louis when he was 13, wanting to be sure about him before she took that step. She always did with her relationships, that was why Dan was the first and the only one of his mum's boyfriends (not that she had many) that Louis ever met.

They eventually got married when Louis was 15, and because they were both in their late thirties then, Louis was pretty sure that they were going to have kids, especially seeing as Dan didn't have kids of his own, and personally he would have been fine with it, but they never did, and he never asked them why.

Louis got up from the bed, and went straight to the bathroom, which was his routine every morning since he got pregnant, and then headed to the kitchen because he was starving, and found Liam was already there cooking breakfast, and he was even dressed.

"Good morning, sunshine, and Happy Birthday!" Liam told him with a smile.

"Thanks, mate" Louis smiled "Need help?".

"No, I'm almost done, just go sit down" Liam instructed.

Louis went to sit at the table, which was already set, and he found a birthday card there, which he thought was from Liam, but he realized it wasn't, when he saw unfamiliar writing in it.

Happy Birthday, Lou!
I hope you get to do something fun and special to celebrate your day, and that this new year in your life brings you all the happiness you deserve.
See you in 2 days!
Harry, x.
P.S. I'm not cheap and thought a card was enough, I'm bringing you something from NY!

"Harry's so sweet" Louis cooed and hugged the card.

"It's just a card, Louis" Liam said, putting a plate in front of him.

"But he barely knows me, and he was thoughtful enough to leave it" Louis said now smiling at the card "And he said he's bringing me something from New York".

"You need to take down a notch that crush you have on him, it's getting too obvious" Liam decided, sitting across from him with his own plate.

"Do you think he knows?" Louis wondered, finally leaving the card aside.

"Probably, you practically drool every time you look at him" Liam rolled his eyes.

"I can't help it, he's so perfect" Louis said dreamily.

"I just don't want it to be awkward, Lou, we all live together and he has a boyfriend" Liam told him.

"I know, I know" Louis agreed "I'm trying to get over him, but it's hard when he does such sweet things".

Liam rolled his eyes again, and started eating from his plate, and Louis did the same.

"This is great, thank you" Louis said with his mouth full.