LXXIII

Harry was paranoid.

He had been telling so many lies lately, that he was constantly afraid that someone that wasn't supposed to, was going to uncover the truth about Louis leaving them.

Every time the doorbell rang, Harry thought it was the social worker having figured out that Harry had lied about who he was, and every time he spoke with Bruno, he thought he was going to accuse him of lying about where Louis was.

He had even lied at Julian's daycare, because after a few weeks of Louis not dropping off or picking up Julian, which he always used to do, they had asked where he was, and Harry had just said he was away on a trip.

Because what if for some reason Bruno contacted the daycare to ask how Julian was doing and they told him the truth, or worse, what if the social worker contacted them to ask about Jules?

It would be a complete disaster.

It was honestly horrifying and scary to feel so paranoid constantly, and he wasn't sure how long he was going to be able to keep it up.

It was Wednesday, and Harry had the day off from flying, and he was on his way to pick up Julian from daycare, after spending all morning and early afternoon at home with Naomi, but he had mostly used the free time to clean the house, cook, and do laundry, which were things he only had time to do on his free days.

He parked the car outside the daycare, took Naomi from her carseat, and went inside to get his son, and found him playing around with other kids his age.

"There's big brother" Harry pointed out to Naomi who was in his arms.

But before he could call Julian over, or go to him, someone spoke to him.

"Are you Julian's father?" a woman asked.

Harry turned to look who had spoken, and found it was a woman that seemed a few years older than him, she was tall, blonde, kind of intimidating, especially because she didn't seem very friendly.

"Hello, my name is Harry" Harry said politely, because his mother had taught him manners, and he was going to display them even though this woman didn't seem to have any "And yes, Julian's my son".

"Are you aware that he has been pushing and hitting my son Jeremy? Because I've told the staff and they said they talked to you, but it keeps happening" the woman told him, and crossed her arms.

"Yes, they've talked to me, and I'm really sorry for my son's behaviour, I've-" Harry was explaining while he fixed his grip on Naomi, who was a little restless.

"Oh, so you just let him get away with it? That seems like excellent parenting" the woman said sarcastically.

"If you had left me finish, you would have heard me say that I already talked to him, but I'm going to do it again if you say it's happened again" Harry said calmly, even though he wanted to yell at her for her rudeness.

"Your really should, that child is clearly not disciplined enough" the woman said acting even more rudely.

"Hey, I get that you're upset about Julian not being nice to your son, but that doesn't give you the right to comment on my parenting" Harry said, feeling completely pissed at this woman, because she had no right to talk to him like that "And just so you know, Julian's a good boy, he's just acting out because there's been a few changes at home and he's getting used to them".

"I don't care about your kid's issues, I only care about my son not coming home crying because he's been bullied" the woman declared.

"I already said I'd talk to him, and that's what I'll do" Harry said, although he was tempted to say a lot more, and came really close to do it "Now if you excuse me, I'm in a hurry".