XXXVII

The doorbell rang, and Louis frowned, he had no idea who it could be.

So he walked up to the door, and looked through the peephole, and saw it was his mum, who, although didn't say she was coming, was always welcome, so obviously Louis opened the door.

"Hey, mum" Louis greeted "Come in".

"Thanks, love" Jay smiled, and kisses Louis' cheek after she came inside, she was carrying a few bags.

"Let me help you with those" Louis said, and took the bags from her "What's in here?".

"A few things for Julian, and I also cooked some food for you, I don't trust what you eat, you're getting too skinny" Jay said reproachfully.

"I'm not skinny, I'm actually still packing some baby weight" Louis pointed out, as he brought the bags to the kitchen "Thanks though, I love your cooking".

"I know, darling" Jay said, but she hadn't followed Louis, she had stopped at the bouncer, which was where Julian was, and she was quick to pick him up from there "Hi, baby boy, how are you today? Have you missed me? Yeah?".

"Mum, he was trying to nap" Louis pointed out, as he took a bunch of Tupperware containers from the bags, and he put them in the fridge.

"He had his pretty eyes wide open, love" Jay told him, and then continued talking in a baby voice "How are you so much bigger every time I see you? Huh? What is your mum feeding you?".

"Just my milk" Louis shrugged, and opened the other bags, and found 3 packs of nappies, and 2 of wipes "Thanks for these too, I was running low".

"No problem, Lou" Jay answered, and gave Julian kisses in his cheek "Anything my Julian needs, nan will get for him".

"You were never like that with me when I was little" Louis pointed out.

"Louis William, that's unfair! I always made sure you had everything you needed when you were little" Jay scolded him.

"Yeah, but not everything I wanted, and I have a feeling Julian will not only get everything he needs from you, but everything he wants" Louis said.

"That's probably true, but you know, love, it's not a parent job to spoil, that's a grandparent" Jay decided, and talked to Julian again "Right, my beautiful boy? Nan will always spoil you".

Louis snorted and rolled his eyes, and went to his room to leave the nappies and wipes in the changing table, only to come back to the living room, to find his mum already making herself at home, sitting on the couch with Julian in her arms, obviously.

"So where's Harry? Is he away flying?" Jay wondered.

"No, he's actually in his room sleeping, he came back late last night from a long flight and he needs his rest" Louis explained.

"And things are going well between you?" Jay asked as she bounced Julian a bit.

"Things are perfect" Louis grinned, feeling giddy "He's perfect, mum, and not only he loves me, he loves Julian too".

"I know, I've seen them together" Jay smiled "You know, you're really lucky to have found a partner who loves your baby like that, not many single parents can say that, most men run away the second you tell them you have a kid, and others just see the child as someone they have to deal with, but the ones who embrace the fact that you're a parent and understand that your kid is your first priority are rare".

"You're right, and I know how lucky I am to have found someone like that" Louis nodded "Harry not only understands that Julian is my number one, he makes him his number one too, he has even told me that he wishes he was Julian's dad".