Chapter 13

Has they were walking through the cave, Joahna sensed something strange inside the cave. Zora noticed the raven's strange behavior.

He wouldn't had agreed to let her come in the first place but since she was the only one that can safely navigate them through the cave, he had no choice but to agree.

They kept walking when they stumbled upon two separate paths.

"Either one of these paths could be a trapped." Zachariah said.

"Let's listen for the creature's roar, that way we can identify which path to take." Ezron said.

The roar came echoing through the walls of the cave. The group listened but it seemed that the sound was coming from both paths.

It seemed like that for the men while for Joahna its different, with her advanced hearing she can tell which cave is which.

"Tch, no good. It seemed that the roar came from both paths." Zachariah said scratching his head.

"Actually Sir, the roar came from the path on the right." Joahna pointed to the right.

The four of them stared at her then at the path. Percival smiled at her and walked right next to her.

"Well then, Joahna. Lead the way." He said.

Joahna stared at the white haired man then at the path. She blinked a few times before she nodded.

"Right this way."

She said and the others followed her through the path. With the help of her senses, she guided them through the cave safely.

After an hour, Joahna stumbled upon an unstable part of the ground and slid down a secret path.

"Pyro!"

The raven screamed has she kept sliding down the path.

~outside the cave~

Joevic stood up from the ground and went near the mouth of the cave.

"Joevic? What's wrong?" Gwyn asked.

"Did you guys hear that?" He said.

The two stared confused when they also heard the scream.

"Yeah, it sounded like someone is screaming.." Ray said.

"And it sounded like Joahna!" Gwyn said staggering to get up.

"She must need our help!" Ray said.

They were about the go inside when brunette woman stopped them.

"Nurse Lily..."

The three teens stared at her in surpris. The middle aged woman walked towards them and said.

"You three mustn't go inside. Who knows what will happen to you, you might get lost in there."

"We know but Joahna might need our help!" Gwyn said trying to get through.

"She'll be alright, Zachariah and the others are there to look after her. So, you must have faith in their skills, she'll be fine okay?" She said.

The three teens stared at her and nodded, they stared at the cave and hoped for the best.

~inside the cave~

"Joahna? Joahna?! Are you alright?"

Percival shouted through the path on the ground.

There was a moment of silence when a faint voice echoed.