Chapter 17

The time has come for the 'Grand Battle Tournament'.

People around the world came to watch the biggest event of the year. Crowds of hundreds came flowing into the arena.

Old, young, rich and poor all came to watch the amazing spectacle unfold.

"I'm so excited!" Caroline exclaimed.

"So am I!" Jessel said.

"How about you Atlas? You excited to see Joahna fight?" Sita asked the small red dragon.

"Yeah yeah!" The little dragon clapped his paws and jumped excitedly.

The brunettte giggled at the little dragon.

"All of us are, and I have to admit I'm feeling a bit nervous.." Dexie said.

"You shouldn't be, they'll be alright!" Kenneth said in an assuring tone.

"If you think so.."

"Of course Dexie! You shouldn't be worried and besides Joahna is on our team, so its obvious were going to win!" Nicole said.

The others sweat dropped and the sounds of trumpets blaring through the stadium.

"Its starting!" Caroline said.

Two figures came onto the field.

"Welcome everyone to this year's Grand Battle Tournament!" The announcers said in unison.

"I'm Zachariah Michaelis.."

"I'm Lenora Beezlebee and were your hosts for this year's tournament." Lenora said.

The crowds around the stadium cheered with excitement.

"I see we got a big crowd with us today, don't we Madam?"

"We do indeed Zachariah." Lenora said.

"The grand prize for the champions of this year's tournament will receive eight gems..."

Zachariah gestured to the pedestal in the bleachers. Eight gems lied inside the glass case. The crowds stared in amazement.

"Each gem represents the eight founders. Leadership, Selflessness, Wisdom, Strength, Power, Intelligence and Bravery..."

Announced by the hosts. The crowds cheered. Each house raising banners to support their teams.

"Shall we introduce our judges?" Lenora said.

"Is everyone excited?"

The crowd shouted and screamed in excitement.