Chapter 30

Pialam POV

As I got ready for my next mission, I spotted a small glimmer in the corner of my eye.

I turned around and saw a sword in its scabbard, I sighed then grabbed the sword. I stared at it for awhile before placing it on my belt, nemories of that previous night start to flow into my mind.

~FLASHBACK~

As the night storm blew with all its might all throughout the night and as thunder light up the dark room, my master spoke.

"I have another mission for you, captain.." He spoke.

"I'm listening..." I said amused.

He walked down his cobblestone throne and went up to me as his mask concealed his face.

I always wondered what he looked like underneath that mask. He never takes it off and whenever someone asks about his mask or even try to take it off, they were never then heard of again.

I always have to avoid asking that question since I still valued my life. He stopped 3 meters away from me and a wave of his hand he conjured a crystal pearl.

The pearl was like no other gem I have ever seen. My eyes sparkled as I kept staring at the marble beauty.

"Fascinating isn't it, Captain?" He said.

"It sure is a true beauty, the finest gem that I have ever seen." I said absorbed by its beauty.

"This is the 'Eye of Neptune', the most valuable jewel of the seven seas..." He said.

"The eye of Neptune eh? Interesting.." I said as I took out my dagger and played with it.

"The legend of the Eye of Neptune is said that the great god of the sea lost his eye in the battle against the fearsome beast of the depths, which all of us known as the.."

"The Kraken..." I cut him.

My body started to shake with excitement by the mention of the beast's name.

Most sailors fear the dreadful beast and they fear to pass through its domain as it will attack their ships and drag them to the deepest, darkest abyss of the sea. While I was filled with excitement to once again encounter the terrifying beast that haunts the minds of every sailor.

"Yes Captain, the Kraken. It is said that the kraken stole the eye and hidden it in the depths of the deepest ocean. The legend says that the beast hidden the eye in another world beyond the depths."

I grinned mischievously and I said. "So you want me to steal the eye for you..."

He nodded.

"Indeed captain, I heard that you were the first sailor to ever fought the beast and lived to tell the tale." He said amused by the tale of my encounter with the sea dweller.

"Indeed and I would love to see my old 'friend' once more.." I said bowing to the man.

I heard him chuckled and I looked up. He waved his hands around and created a sword that its blade was made of fire.

"Take this sword and pierce it into the Kraken's heart.. It will burn once in contact with it." He said in a menacing tone.

I hummed as I took the blade and examined it then I turned to stare at the fearsome man in front of me.