Chapter One- Before You Found Me

(Cover on top made by E-Erin. She did an amazing job! Thank you!❤️)

Before you begin reading please read the following: © 2017 Lauren Billmann All Rights Reserved. If this agreement is broken legal measures will be taken and you will be sent to the court of law. Thank you for reading and I hope you love the book! Remember to comment and vote!❤️❤️❤️
----------------------------------------------------

Ryan Hunter POV~ Age Fifteen

The basement walls are all I can see, but even they are barely visible in the darkness. I'm in a room about 11" by 10" ft. that has multiple locks on the door with nothing but the concrete floor and a blanket to sit on. The clothes I have on are withered to almost nothing and the blanket reeks of urine.

Yup, you heard me right. He never lets me out, for anything. Not to use the bathroom, bathe, or even eat. Sometimes if I'm lucky he'll remember to feed me twice a day, but usually I get one meal and glass of water for the day.

My father left about a half an hour ago which means I have about another hour before he gets back. I'm not sure where he goes, but every Wednesday and Friday he's gone for exactly an hour and a half. Then, the torture that I so badly want to end, begins.

I try to get up to eat the last piece of bread I saved for today, but I'm to weak to stand. Instead, I drag myself over to the plate and furiously stuff the bread into my mouth. Tears stream down my face as I eat the rest of my meal. He fed me twice today which means that the punishments shouldn't be as bad.

After all the food is gone I crawl back over to my blanket and wrap it tightly around my shivering body. Sleep tugs at my eyelids and I welcome it with open arms. It's very hard for me to sleep for long periods of time so I let my eyes flutter closed.

"Honey, it's time for dinner!" My mom shouts and I sit at the dinner table.

"Ooo lasagna, my favorite!" My dad exclaims making my mom smile.

I happily dig into my food and let out a small moan when I take the first bite. My moms lasagna is amazing, then again all of her food is that way.

"It's delicious mom." I tell her and she looks up at me gratefully.

"Thank You sweetheart. How was your day today?"

"Well-" my dad slamming his fork into the table cuts me off.

"Nobody cares about her damn day!" He yells and I quickly look down at my food, not saying a word.

My fathers mood is like a ticking time bomb. You never know how long you have before he goes from a loving dad to someone who is so foreign to us.

"Craig, it's fine. I enjoy everything she shares with us. Now Ryan, what were you saying?" She replies giving me a small smile, but I know this will just make my father more mad at me.

A feel a slap across my cheek and then the tingling sensation that follows. "Answer that question and they'll be plenty more where that came from." My father growls making me nod my head, not meeting his eyes.

My mother motions for me to finish my food in my room. I flash her a sad look and then rush upstairs and lock the door. Around 30 minutes later there's a soft knock and my mom enters the room.