Chapter 38 - Saving You

Trigger Warning: Mild Abusive Content in this chapter. Read if you choose, if not please skip.

Braiden Winters P.O.V - Age Eighteen

Cold. It's all I can feel as soon as my eyes shoot open when I wake up. The constant beeping of my phone going off is what jolts me awake. Immediately, I know something's wrong when I see the spot on the pillows beside me is empty. The mission. Ryan must have gone anyways. 

"Stubborn." I mutter to myself while reaching over to grab my phone.

Hurriedly, I rush to it and unlock the device in my hands, seeing a video from Jackson. My fingers hesitantly hover over the file, afraid of what's to come. Working up the courage, I finally press open.

'Bang!' A shot rings through the speakers on my phone as I watch as Michaels body collapses to the floor while Jackson stands with a gun in his hand. 

Not shortly after a man I'm not familiar with orders Dean, our psycho teacher, to tie up Michael along with Marsha.

I turn up the volume to listen to the words that come next. 

"Braiden, your little girlfriend, here, is going to pay for escaping me two years ago. And you're going to watch it happen. Anything you want to say, Ryan?"

The camera turns and faces my girl who's tied up in her beautiful clothes from our date with tears streaming down her cheeks. I see the outline of a red handprint against her porcelain skin and all I see is flames blazing across my vision. They touched her; HE touched her. The man who I've heard stories about, who haunts her dreams, who should never be near my Ryan, ever again. Her father is going to pay.  

My plans of revenge are interrupted when her voice floats through my ears causing my heart to break.

"I'm sorry!" She wails, facing the camera. "You were right, Braiden, and I'm so, so, sorry. Please forgive me!" 

Her mouth parts as she's about to say something else, but before she can speak, the man who I'm assuming is Damien, A.K.A, Ryan's father, grabs ahold of her beautiful hair and smashes her head into the wall.

"NO!" I scream, dropping my phone, spinning around and punching the wall beside me. 

The video stops playing and I know I have to go find her. She needs me and I know exactly where she is. Once, she told me about where she lived, and judging by the reunion they're all having, I can only assume that she's at the house she grew up in. It's the perfect way for Ryan's father to torture her more than he already has. He's going to bring back the memory of how her mother was killed and finish what he started. 

Damien Payne and Jackson Reynolds have my girl, but not for long. They're going to wish they never started this. They want to show me what torture looks like, but they won't know anything about it until I demonstrate on them.

Ryan Hunter P.O.V - Age Seventeen

My eyes flutter open once again, but I immediately close them, wanting to forget about everything going around me. Blacking out was so much better than this, it's like I'm living on hell on earth. On second thought, hell is probably better than this. When I reopen my eyes I see that my hands are now tied on top of a table in front of me. A pliers sits next to them, along with my father, who's sitting in a chair grinning.

"Well, well, well, sleeping beauty finally awakes. Minus the beautiful part, because Ryan, you've only gotten uglier since I last saw you." His words don't phase me, as I'm used to much worse. "Now I thought it'd be nice if we remade some of the memories from a couple years ago. Ya know, father, daughter time."