Chapter 28 ~ Will you...

Hey guys! How are you doing, how'd everyone's Thanksgiving go??? I really enjoyed writing this chapter and like the tension yet passion between Ryan and Braiden. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy yet angry. Like trying to make your OTP actually get together instead of imagining they will... and then when they do, being happy all the way until the end! Haha, too bad my books aren't like that. Sorry, I got a little carried away there😉 If you have any questions so far, don't hesitate to ask. Remember to vote and comment. Have a great week guys! I'll be posting sometime next weekend. Love you all!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ryan Hunters POV ~ Age Seventeen

5:58 a.m. Thirty Two minutes before my alarm is supposed to go off and I'm lying here wide awake. I should be enjoying my precious sleep, but instead I'm sitting here confused as to why Braiden's arm is fitted snuggly around my waist.

His warm breath is softly fanning me as his face is buried into the crook of my neck. I don't remember him coming in last night, but the fact that he's here obviously must mean he's not mad at me.

I take the time to study his features, the way his eyelashes curl upwards perfectly, stretching to the tops of his eyes, his mouth is in a line as straight as a ruler, lips parted slightly, soft snores leaving his mouth, and the scar just above his eyebrow. I have yet to figure out what it's from, but I'm not sure I want to know. A compelling force makes me reach up and lightly trace it with my fingers, which move up to his chestnut brown hair, running through it softly.

"Ugh." A deep sound comes from the back of his throat and I quickly retract my hand like I touched fire.

"Sorry." I squeak, as my face flushes a bright fire truck red.

"Don't be, that actually felt really nice." He says, taking my hand and placing it back on his head.

With a small chuckle, I roll my eyes and start rubbing it again. He sighs deeply, almost like he's perfectly content and like nothing happened between us. A small twinge of anger burns through my veins when his harsh words re-enter my mind. I know I have to 'get my man' as Ellis said, but in order for me to do that, he has to apologize first.

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I step down onto the cool floors and quickly limp down the hallway to the bathroom.

The mirror on the wall greets me first My hair is in a nest and there's purple bags under my eyes that show signs of the sleep that I so desperately need to catch up on. Simultaneously, my eyes drift down to the black fabric that hits my knees and it clicks that I put on Braiden's shirt last night to help me sleep.

"Oh my god." I groan, dragging my hands through my hair and down my face.

I look pathetic, like I can't even go without him for a night?

"Ugh." Another frustrated sigh leaves my throat as I turn on the shower.

The water gets to the perfect temperature, so I strip off the T-Shirt and slide under the warm water, letting it wash away the last signs of sleep. The steam almost works as a calming tool, and helps me prepare for school today. It's hard with my social anxiety to not think about the other people there and having to be around them all day. It's emotionally draining!

Stacy's blond head flashes through my mind and I immediately cringe. Her and Braiden made out Friday night which means she's going to be all over him. It's even worse that we're 'cousins' in their eyes, so I can't do anything about it. Why does everything always have to be so complicated?