Chapter 11- School? More Like Prison!

Braiden decides to park as far away from the school as possible. This way people won't see us come in or go out.

I take a deep breath before swinging open my door and stepping foot in front of the school. It actually does look like some sort of prison. There are hardly any windows, which makes sense because it's a private school, so security reasons. The building is all a dark red brick that's two stories tall. This makes it even creepier because it towers over us giving a very dreary look to it.

Someone's hand slips into mine making me look over only to find that it's Braiden. The nervous feeling is now replaced by my stomach doing flip flops. Nervousness come back!

Together, we walk into the building to our doom. The end. Yeah, I'm just kidding. We actually head to the main office to pick up our schedules.

"Can I help you?" The lady at the desk asks coldly, not even looking up from her computer.

Well then. "Yeah, maybe you could start by not being such a bit-" A stomp to my foot cuts me off.

Braiden gives me a look and I remember my good girl act.

"Start by not being such a beautiful woman!" I exclaim, cringing at the words coming out of my mouth.

Luckily this catches her attention.

"Why thank you. I am using that new face cream." She mumbles, but I can't tell if it's to me or herself. "Oh, you're still here. What is it you two needed?"

I fight the urge to roll my eyes before responding sweetly, "Well, my friend and I are new here and came to pick up our schedules. Would you happen to have them with you?"

Braiden looks as though he's about to burst out laughing at any second, which makes things ten times harder for me.

"Hmm, lets see if I can find you in the system." She pauses, taking the time to scroll through all of the faces of new students on her computer. "Ah yes, you two must be Bailey Andrews and Aiden Brooks."

I look over to Braiden with a confused face, but he coughs into his hands.

"C-codes." My face stays blank and he mouths code names to me.

Ohhh.

"That's exactly right." Braiden pipes in, snatching our schedules from her hands.

"Have a wonderfully day Miss," I glance at her name tag, "Dartwell."

She's already back to typing on her computer so it's easy for us to slip away. When we enter the main hall of the school it's nothing but white. White walls and floors with extremely fluorescent lights.

Literally all eyes are on Braiden and I, or should I say Aiden and I. How come his name barely changes and I get Bailey? I mean, I like the name and all, but I'm a Ryan all the way. Anyway, it's like these kids have never seen people before in their life.

"Is it just me, or are they looking at us like we're zoo animals that escaped?" I ask Braiden, sending glares to all of the people who look at me wrong.

"Don't worry, I can see it too. Just ignore them and stop glaring. Good girl remember? Now, what classes do you have?" He questions, holding out his schedule.

I take out mine from my bag then hold it up to his.

"First I have AP literature then Phy Ed, Lunch, AP Chemistry, Calculus and lastly Choir."

"Darn, the only thing we have together is Calculus and AP Chemistry." He grumbles, crumpling the schedule in his hands.

"It's better than none. Plus we're going to meet up at lunch to discuss any suspicious activity." I assure him even though my heart just dropped.