Chapter 5- The Crush

(Cover above made by eerin.lucee who made one awesome cover. Thank you!❤️)

When my eyes snap open I look around only to find that I'm in my room. The clock on my phone says that it's 3:42 in the morning, which means I slept for a super long time. Then it hits me what happened; I fell asleep in Braiden's arms. Aww... he must have carried me to my room! Most people see him as a cold, arrogant guy and I guess that's how I used to see him, but he's really just misjudged. A smile makes its way onto my face and I flop down with a sigh.

The door to my room starts to creak open and I freeze. Who is even up at this time of night? I continue to lay as still as possible, pretending to be sleeping. I hear a loud thud and then someone swears.

"Shit!" The person hisses, making me snap upright and jump on top of them.

My hand latches on to their arm and I pull it backwards behind their head. I'm straddling their waist so that they can't writhe from my gasp. Just as I'm about to fire a punch to the face they catch my hand.

"Ryan, jeez. It's me, Braiden." He says causing me to release his arm.

"Oh. Wait," I pause suspiciously and squint my eyes at him, "what are you doing in here?"

"Well-I-Umm," he scratches the back of his neck, "I wanted to make sure you were doing okay." He mumbles.

"What?" I gasp, "Was Braiden Winters worried about me?"

He just narrows his eyes at me and I burst out laughing.

"You couldn't even get into my room without falling down?" Thinking of this makes me laugh even more.

"You think this is funny do you? I'll give you something to laugh about." He pretends to be angry and in one swift motion flips me over so this time he's straddling my waist.

"If I remember correctly, you're extremely ticklish." He smirks and my laughter stops.

"You wouldn't dare." I scold but he just pulls his heart-warming smile.

"Oh, but I would." Without warning he starts tickling my sides and I start laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

"Braiden- haha, s-stop!" I squeal and then look into his beautiful green eyes.

Suddenly, I'm very aware that he is sitting on top of me with his face only inches away. He must realize it too because the tickling stops and we both just stare at each other. His hand reaches up and brushes the hair off my face.

"Ryan," he whispers, "I didn't mean what I said earlier."

"You don't think I'm beautiful?!" I exclaim and he looks confused.

"What? No, I didn't mean it when I told you that I don't like being around you. That could never happen."

"Ohhh... well thank you. I like being around you too." I whisper back and see a grin spread across his face.

Slowly his face inches towards mine. Oh my gosh, he's going to kiss me! My dreams are finally coming true. Did I seriously just think that? Ugh, brain concentrate on Braiden.

"Ryan, what's with all the laugh- woah. Am I interrupting something?" Mike asks wiggling his eyebrows.

Braiden quickly jumps off of me and I scramble into a standing position.

"Uh, nope. Braiden and I were just, uh, going over our next assignment." I stutter looking at Braiden.

"Yeah, that is what we were doing. Well, I better get going then." He says. "Bye Ryan, see you tomorrow."