Chapter 8- Relationships Are Hard!

The rest of the ride home is mainly quiet except for when the good songs come on. We're both pretty worn out so it's a comfortable silence not awkward. Michael pulls into the compounds garage then I get out and grab all the bags. Lugging them to my room is quite the task considering there's like fifteen for one girl to carry.

As soon as I get to my room I head inside and drop the bags to the floor. I turn the lights on only to find Braiden sleeping on my bed with Bear curled up next to him. What is he even doing in my room? Silently I creep over to him then poke him in the shoulder.

"Braiden, wake up." My voice is just above a whisper yet he immediately goes in to defense mode.

All of a sudden he has hold of my shoulders and flips me down on the bed next to him. After he's actually awake our eyes meet causing him to realize that it's just me.

"Ryan, what the hell. Why would you sneak up on me like that?" He groggily asks in a raspy tone.

I raise my hand to my neck and check my pulse to make sure I'm still alive because that voice practically killed me. Does he always have to be this attractive?

"I didn't sneak up on you, I came into my room which for some odd reason you're sleeping in." I remark, sitting up along with him. "Why are you in here anyway?" 

"I was looking for you, thanks a lot for telling me where you were going." He replies dryly.

"Well, last time I checked I don't have to check in with you before leaving." I bark back, annoyed at how controlling he's being.

"Well maybe you should instead of running off with your little boyfriend." He hisses back and I frown.

Michael and me, dating? That's the best joke I've heard all day.

"Oh my goodness, is Braiden Winters actually jealous?" I gasp, trying to hold back my smirk.

"Yeah because I definitely would want to date you." He scoffs causing me to stiffen.

"Wow, thanks a lot."I pause, trying to ignore the hurt forming in my stomach. "You know what Braiden, you're something else. One minute you love spending time with me and the next you're, well, like this. Make up your mind instead of dragging me around like a puppet all the time." My ears may have steam coming from them but I don't care. I'm done with all the games he plays.

"I'm the one dragging you around? You're the one who's always hugging me and telling me all your problems, then you go off with Michael." He growls and I fight to hold back tears.

"Well I'm sorry for actually thinking you were there for me when I told you my problems. Don't worry, I won't be doing it anymore." I feel my eyes getting more watery by the second.

"Ryan, that's not what I-"

"Don't Braiden. Just leave." I whisper closing my eyes so no tears slip out.

Why did I ever think he cared? It's not like anyone ever has before, why would they start now.

I hear the bed screech as he stands up walking towards the door.

"Oh and Braiden," I call out making him stop, "Michael's not my boyfriend, just my best friend who actually takes the time to listen to me. That's all he'll ever be."

He looks like he might come back to me, but instead continues to walk out of my room.

I let out a frustrated scream then slam the door. My body collapses against it and the tears I was holding in start to flow. I told him more than I have ever told anyone and he doesn't even care. To him it meant nothing. Right when I thought we actually had something, but he proved me wrong.