Chapter 27- What Are We?

Hello my lovelies!!! How are you all doing? So I know this chapter is a little late, but apparently Wattpad didn't save the first one, so I had to rewrite the whole thing! That's probably why I'm posting this at 2 in the morning, but you guys are important so here ya go! If you have any questions or comments leave them wherever you like. I'll be posting again on Friday! Remember to hit that little star at the bottom of the screen. Thanks guys, love ya!!!❤️❤️❤️

Softly, I pull the door to Ellis' room closed until I hear the quiet click of it completely shutting. With a sigh, I slump down the door and pull my knees to my chest thinking of how I'm going to talk to Braiden. What he said is still wrong, and even though I love him, I'm not sure I want to forgive him yet. He really hurt me, even if it wasn't intentional.

The ticking of the clock above causes me to glance up, only to realize it reads 9:30 p.m. Tomorrow's Monday, which means I have to go to school. Dread fills me almost immediately, after everything I've gone through this weekend I also have to go to school? Life couldn't get any suckier.

There's really no point in heading home anymore, especially since it's about an hour drive there, so I send a quick text to Marsha saying I'll be coming home tomorrow night then switch off my phone. My feet carry me to my old room as I walk there, thoughts of Braiden still whir through my mind.

What if he never talks to me again? What if doesn't apologize? Even worse, what is he hates me?

Thud.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my forehead slams into the door leading to my old room. Dull pain zings through it, but I rub the spot and it quickly goes away as I walk inside.

The bed is still there, but everything else is gone and in my room at the new place. Luckily, the dresser drawers have some spare pillows and blankets left inside, so I drag them out and spread them on the bed.

As soon as I crawl under the covers drowsiness hits me, even though it's only around 9:40 now. The alarm on my phone is set for 6:30 in the morning, so I'll have plenty of time to get ready. I'm sure there's some mascara I can find in the bathroom to get ready with. As far as clothes, the evidence room probably has something in there that'll work.

The motion sensing lights flick off and I'm left in darkness listening to the howling wind outside. It sounds like there's sleet battering the windows, which makes me snuggle further into the covers as I enjoy the protection from the cold November night.

My mind drifts off to Christmas which is in less than a month away. I wonder what it'll be like this year since it's not at the agency. Good memories never come from that time. My father would always go out and come back a raging drunk, destroying everything my mom and I got for each other. I would save up all year round, money that I snuck from his wallet and climb down my tree to the nearest hardware store. Then I'd pick the prettiest jewelry and buy it for her, she'd do the same. The ankle bracelet she bought me on my tenth Christmas is the only thing I have left of her. I've never taken it off, and have been able to hide it under my socks.

Sleep tugs at my eyelids, but never comes. Braiden sleeping next to me has become such a usual thing, that I miss him not being here. The nightmares get better whenever he's around, but now the memories from the past haunt my mind. Without thinking, my feet pad to Braiden's room down the hall only to find it empty. I didn't expect him to stay and look for me, but I hoped he would've. I'm about to leave but the black t-shirt peaking out of his dresser drawer makes me miss him more.

I slowly pull the drawer open and take out the shirt, slide off my clothes from the mission and slip his shirt over my head. It comes down about mid thigh and halfway down my arms. His scent encompasses me, immediately bringing a sense of comfort. With a slight smile on my face, I pad back to my room and crawl back under the covers. Just having his scent wafting up my nose causes my eyelids to slowly close. Almost as if there's a force pulling them down. A yawn escapes my mouth just as my eyes close and I welcome sleep with open arms, drifting into the darkness.