Chapter 36 - A Change In Plans

There's two more chapters left loves!!! Remember to vote and comment, show the book some LOVE!!! Haha, you guys are the best, love you all!!!

As soon as we enter the building the smell of my grandmothers bakery greets my nose like an old friend. I inhale slightly and smile when my eyes land on the table in front of the fireplace. Beautiful red roses are placed on the table, illuminated by the warm flames.

"Take a seat." Braiden's voice rumbles in my ear as he guides me to the chair.

After I'm seated a chaste kiss is placed on my cheek. "Don't move, I'll be right back." And with that, Braiden disappears into the kitchen.

While I wait, I take the time to really admire my grandmothers bakery and all the work she's put into it. It's amazing that she's been able to keep it up by herself for so many years. My thoughts are interrupted when I see Braiden come out of the door holding plates of food. It smells delicious and my mouth starts to water.

"What did you do?" I ask, a small smile on my face.

He returns the smile and places my plate in front of me. "This is the only thing I'm capable of making correctly."

I look down and laugh when I see grilled cheese and tomato soup. "Well it just so happens to be my favorite food, so I guess that's all you need to know how to make."

"Yes!" He replies, pumping his fist in the air. "I totally knew that."

With a shake of my head I sarcastically say, "sure you did."

Once we're both seated I dig into the food in front of me and let me tell you, it's the best grilled cheese I've ever had. The bread is toasted to a light brown, and the cheese is gooey and melted to perfection. Braiden notices my facial expression and lets out a small chuckle. 

"Well I'm glad you like it."

All I do is nod my head and grin before finishing the rest of the dinner. Once we're both done, Braiden takes my hand in his and helps me stand up. I enjoy the warmth of his hand in mine before glancing up to meet his eyes.

"Where are we going?" I ask, curiosity clearly evident in my tone. 

"That, Miss Hunter, is a surprise." The smirk I know all too well creeps onto his face and I let out a small chuckle when he places his hands over my eyes. "No peeking."

With a sigh, I give into his words and let him lead me up the stairs. Surprisingly, I make it up them successfully and without falling down, which is a huge accomplishment when you literally can see nothing. I hear a door creak open and my heart is pounding in anticipation as butterflies roar in my stomach. It's always exciting to see what he's going to do next. 

"Can I open my eyes now? Pleaseee." I pout, jutting my hip to the side.

"Just one second. Patience is key, Ryan." He jokes while huff in annoyance. 

If you can't already tell, I can be a pretty impatient person when it comes to surprises.

"Okay, open." He says, removing his hands from my eyes. 

My eyes quickly shoot open, and widen at the sight in front of me. One word. Pillows. There are freaking pillows everywhere! The floor is literally a pillow and blanket bed that I so desperately want to jump in to. When I glance up, I see the giant skylight above the fluffy amazingness giving us access to see all the stars above. 

"Surprise." Braiden's voice tickles my ear, sending goosebumps down my back. 

"Oh. My. Gosh!" I excitedly squeal, as I spin around and fling my arms around Braiden's neck, "this is so amazing! No ones ever done something so nice for me before."