Chapter 35 - Date

Guys!!! Guess who's backkkk???? Lol I am here and ready to write again! I was so busy with school the past couple months and I'm so sorry I kept you all waiting for so long! But don't worry, schools out and my brain is swirling with ideas. As you all know, there's only a few chapters left, so get ready for a roller coaster people!! Thanks for sticking by me and reading this, it means so much!! Will be updating (for real ;) sometime next week. Love you guys!!!❤️❤️❤️

I anxiously twiddle my thumbs as I wait for the doorbell to ring signaling Alice's arrival. I called her around five minutes ago, so she should get here in around ten-

DING.

The doorbell ringing shakes me from my thoughts and I curiously get up to answer it. My hand finds the cool, silver knob as I swing it open to reveal Alice panting heavily with multiple bags in her hands.

"How are you here already?!" I ask, my mouth hanging open in surprise.

She takes a moment to reply, taking in gulps of air before gushing the words to me, " I was at the park when you called and walked there, but didn't think I'd have time to walk home, so I just came straight here. Well, ran here."

After she finishes her long winded response I gape at her in shock.

"But... that's like a mile walk and you ran all the way? Jeez, maybe you don't only watch Netflix..."

Instead of replying she shoots me a glare and grabs onto my forearm pulling me inside. Another series of words flow out of her mouth, but it's all about makeup, so I don't understand much.

Once we enter my room I'm pushed down into the black, plush chair and Alice spills out the contents of her bag. Brushes, bronzers, mascaras, eyeshadows... everything - is now scattered across my once clean dresser.

"Okay, now close your eyes. We're going to start with eyeshadow, so don't open them until I tell you unless you want to get jabbed in the eye." She warns, waving the brush in front of my face.

I'm about to protest, but she presses her finger over my lips and shakes her head. "Don't worry, you're in good hands."

A sigh escapes my throat and I decide it's not worth arguing over. Hesitantly, I shut my eyes and allow her to prod at my face working her so called "magic."

After what feels like an eternity and many failed attempts at blinking when I'm told as she applies mascara, I'm finally allowed to see the final results.

"Okay, ready?" She asks, grabbing my chair and spinning it to face the mirror.

"Ready for this to be over." I mumble, but she hears me and squints her eyes. "I mean totally!"

This just earns me another eye roll, but she removes her hands from in front of my reflection so I can admire what she's done. Now, I could say I look like a completely different person who looks beautiful and is now full of self-confidence, but that's not the case. I still look like me, just... shinier and newer. Alice did a good job of keeping things natural while at the same time making me look more mature and elegant. The eye shadow brings out the green in my eyes which I love, while the eyeliner makes them pop.

"Wow, this actually doesn't look bad." I admire some more while she claps her hands behind me.

"Shut up, Ryan. It looks awesome, you look amazing. Now all we need to do is find and outfit that's 'fancy, but not too fancy'." she quotes Braiden's words from before. "I think I have something that should work."

She reaches into the bag she bought and pulls out a black skater skirt, white top, black tights, and a red scarf to finish off the outfit. Thankfully it's lots of neutral colors, so I'm actually excited to try it on. I head into the bathroom and change quickly squirming into the tights, then pull on the rest of the outfit. Stepping out, I take a glance in the more and am for once happy with what I see!