Chapter 16- Meeting The Queen

AP Literature ends too soon, which means I have to go to PE now. Slowly, I drag myself towards the locker rooms to change. There's nobody in this class that I know, which is going to really suck. Yesterday I got lost and just skipped the class altogether, so its technically my first day.

The locker rooms come into sight so I take a deep breath, grab the door handle, and pull. Surprisingly, it's empty when I walk inside. I'm a couple minutes late which explains it. This is actually better for me because now I can change without worrying about people watching me or seeing my scars.

I slip on my black shorts and top then walk into the gym. The teacher is in the middle of explaining the rules to dodgeball, but pauses when he sees me walk in.

To break the awkward silence I talk first. "Hi, my names Bailey and I'm new here. This is my first class."

"Okay, you may take a seat anywhere on the mats." He tells me strictly, nodding to where all the kids are sitting.

My eyes scan the area for a spot that shouldn't be too horrible. Reluctantly, I walk over to sit next to a girl with blonde hair, and tons of makeup on, so basically, she's Barbie.

I know, I know, why would I pick this spot of all places. The answer to your question is the fact that I'm supposed to be the good girl, which means I have to hang out with some.

Just as I'm about to sit down Barbie decides to speak.

"Sorry, but you're not allowed to sit here. You don't meet our standards." She smirks at me, showing her perfectly whitened teeth.

"And what would those be?" I grit my teeth, trying to keep myself calm.

"Well, you know; first, you have to be insanely pretty, second, you need to wear designer clothes, and lastly, you need to be, well, rich." She states like everyone knows what she's talking about.

"Oh so you mean I have to wear pounds of makeup, dress like a slut, and use all of daddy's money? Then I don't even want to sit here." I give her the most fake style I can muster.

"What did you just say to me?" She sneers, standing up and getting in my face.

"I think you heard me just fine." I reply, turning on my heal to find a different spot.

"You'll regret saying that to me." She calls, stopping me in my tracks.

"Wow, I'm cowering in my seat." I say dryly, then spinning back around.

People like her drive me absolutely crazy. Anyone who thinks that those qualities make them better than everyone else is an idiot. With a sigh I plop down in a corner and take out my phone. Since the teacher doesn't seem to care about anything that just happened, I doubt he'll care about this.

The kids go into a game of dodgeball and around an hour later he blows the whistle and dismisses us all. I rush to the locker room to get there first and grab my clothes. I've watched way to many movies to know that they'll take all my things leaving me naked and running around the school.

I scoop up my clothes and head into the bathroom stall to slip them on. Once I'm done I wait until everyone leaves then to AP Chemistry. Yay. Braiden's in this class, but for once I'm glad that Mr. Meade made us sit opposite from each other.

I walk into the class only to find that Braiden isn't here yet. Thank goodness. I make my way to my seat then open my notebook to the page I was on yesterday, taking the notes on the board. A warm breath on my ear causes me to stop writing. At first I think it's Braiden until they talk.