Chapter 22- Keep Your Enemies Closer

Hi my beautiful readers! Do you guys have any questions about me, the book, or anything? Thanks for reading this far it means so much to me! Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment! Thanks guys! Enjoy😆😘

Ryan's POV~ Age 17

Sunlight streams in through my window shining directly in my eyes. The clock says 8:24 a.m. meaning that I overslept through my Saturday morning workout. Since there's no reason for me to get up anymore, still in a half asleep state I roll over and bury myself into the pillow beside me.

What's weird is that the pillow has a very defined chest and smells exactly like Braiden. I let the smell wrap around me, taking in a deep breath.

"Are you sniffing me?" Braiden's voice travels through my ears.

Hmm... that's weird, it's almost like he's right here next to me.

I feel a light poke on my cheek causing my eyes to once again flutter open.

"Ah!" I small scream leaves my mouth when I see Braiden lying in bed next to me. "Oh my gosh, you scared me!"

"Sorry, I thought you knew I was in here considering the fact that you were hugging me and then smelling me like a candle." He jokes lightly, smiling down at me.

"In my defense I thought you were a very good smelling pillow." I point out, cringing at the fact that I basically just said that I was smelling him.

He lets out a small chuckle and grins at me which soon turns to a frown.

"Ryan, who did this to you?" He growls slowly brushing his thumb over my temple.

Dull pain pulses through it as I remember everything that went down with Riley. A fresh batch of unshed tears form in my eyes when I remember the fact that he not only touched me but also stole my first kiss. There is no way that I am going to waste any tears on that asshole. It was stupid of me to even go to a party, much less his.

"Ryan," Braiden snaps me out of my thoughts, "who did this?"

"Ya know I can't seem to remember." I reply, not wanting to tell him the truth.

I'm a big girl and can handle him myself.

"Tell me." He demands, squeezing his hands into a fist.

"Riley." I mumble, not meeting his eyes.

"And how did this happen?" I swear he's about to explode at any second.

"Well, I wanted to escape all the people so I went upstairs. Turns out he was up there too, so then he starting talking all stupid from how drunk he was. I tried to take his drink away which made him angry at me causing him to smack me on the side of the head. Hence the bruise." I act as if it's no big deal even though I'm still disappointed in the fact that he stole my first kiss.

"Is that all that happened?" He asks and from the look in his eyes I know he knows that's not the full story.

"He also might have kissed me and uh, touched me." I squeak, trying to hold back the image of last night.

"He what?" Braiden asks way too calmly.

"Really it's not that big of a deal, I took care of it." I assure him.