Chapter 29 ~ Explanations

Hey guys, I'm gonna make this quick because I'm superrr tired. Anyways, I really like this chapter and hope you do too. I'll be posting next weekend, or maybe this Friday if we get lots of votes. Remember to read, vote, and comment. Love ya!!!❤️❤️😘😘

The car ride is awkward at first because all my brain can think about is Braiden's sentence before my alarm went off. It seems like every time we have a "moment" something interrupts us. The only sound now is the tires on the pavement as I fiddle with a loose string on my dress.

"So... about before, what were you going to say?" I blurt out, then shrink back into my seat after I realize how bold that was.

"Oh, yeah, um..." he scratches the back of his neck, "will you, uh, help me with my homework?"

My heart instantly drops at the question and the anger I had for him before is back once again. "Sure, whatever."

My reply comes out short, but I don't care. He pulls into the parking space and as much as I don't want to face school, getting out of there is less awkward. Before I have a chance to slam the door, Braiden's hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me back down into my seat.

"Close the door." He demands in a cold voice.

"Don't order me around!" I sneer back, trying to wrench my wrist from his grip which only tightens.

"Close. The. Door." He repeats, harsher this time.

"No." I say back, looking him directly in the eye.

Without another word, he lets go of my wrist and leans over the top of me, slamming the door shut way too hard then locks it.

"Braiden, open the door, we're going to be late." I yank on the handle, trying to juggle the knob.

"I don't care." And then his lips are on mine.

Immediately mine respond, almost as if they were anticipating this moment to happen, even though his attitude change caught me off guard. My hands fly up around his neck, fiddling with the ends of his hair, slightly tugging them. His arms come around my waist, lifting me off the seat, across the council, and into his lap. It's a pretty awkward position to be in.

In all the movies you hear about the girls fitting perfectly and enjoying the moment, but only one of those things is true. My back is digging into the steering wheel, but it doesn't matter, the only thing that does is Braiden's lips on mine.

Fire is coursing through my veins, lighting up every inch of me so that I burn. His chapped lips are rough against mine, only adding to the feel.

Beep.

Immediately, we both jerk away, pulled from the moment that consumed us. My eyes meet his and a chuckle escapes my lips, erupting into a full blown laughter. Braiden's deep laughter soon intermingles with mine until we're both practically in tears.

"Y-you should've seen your face." He chokes out.

"My face? What about yours!" I shoot back, clutching my stomach as every ounce of anger seeps out of me and all I feel is happiness. No, love.

His face grows serious as he looks at me, causing my chuckles to subside.

"What?" I ask, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He doesn't say anything, just keeps staring at me. Red rushes to me cheeks and I try to scramble off his lap, but he holds me in place.

"Will you go on a date with me?" He blurts, looking extremely nervous.