Chapter 7- The Trip

Michael and I meet at the van then start making our way to the mall.

"So, you and Braiden, huh?" Michael asks with a smirk on his face.

Man I want to slap it off.

"No! We are just friends, maybe not even that, honestly I have no clue." I explain, slightly disappointed.

How do you even know if a boy likes you?

"What do you mean just friend, have you seen the way he looks at you?" Michael retorts, making me even more confused.

"Well, you're a guy right?"

"No, I'm a woman," he says, sarcasm lacing his tone, "of course I'm a guy, Ryan!"

"Okay, you know that's not what I meant." He raises an eyebrow my way, but I continue.

"Anyways, how do I even know if he or any boy for that matter, likes me? I mean one minute he's all "you're a wonderful person" then the next he won't even talk to me!" I throw my hands up in the area and let out a frustrated sigh.

Michael glances over at me shooting me the "are you kidding me" look.

"Seriously Ryan? Do you see Braiden talking to anyone else who works with us? I mean when he looks at you I swear his whole face lights up." Michael states making me grin.

Ahh! Braiden might actually like me? A girl can dream, Right? I think to myself.

Mike and I ride in silence the rest of the way, so I use the time to take in his appearance. His blonde hair has gotten longer than usual, and falls just above his eyes. He's definitely gotten more muscular which is probably from working out with Braiden in the mornings. Overall, he is a pretty good looking kid!

I honestly don't know how I can survive all the hotness going on in the compound. Trust me though, I'm not complaining. Some girl would be lucky to have Mike. Him and I are just friends and that's all we'll ever be, but he is a great guy.

"We're here!" Michael exclaims, pulling into the parking spot closest to the doors.

I take in all of my surroundings, becoming slightly nervous. We're rarely allowed to leave due to safety concerns, so I haven't been here in a very long time. We get out of the vehicle and make our way inside. When I look over at Mike he seems nervous too.

"Hey," I tell him, "don't be worried, we'll be perfectly fine."

I'm reassuring him, but also myself.

"I don't know Ryan, I've got a weird feeling about this." He states, whipping his head around to make sure no ones following us.

This earns him an eye roll. Way to make me feel safe, not. We walk to the sign in the middle of everything checking out where all the stores are at.

"How about we start at REI?" I suggest, wanting to get some woodsy clothes.

"Are you serious right now? We're trying to make you look like a good girl who blends in, not a lumberjack. I can guarantee if you wear those clothes you'll stick out."

He's probably right, but ew. I do not want to wear some prissy, girly stuff.

"Fine," I huff, "but I'm not doing his willingly. Where do you want to start then?"