Chapter 15- True Friends

"Sumo attack!"

My eyes crack open when I hear a loud screaming coming down the hallway and into my room.

"What the-" I'm cut off by Michael's body slamming down on top of mine.

"Time to wake up sleepy head. You've got school!" He chirps, poking me in the face repeatedly.

"Can't breathe." I choke, gasping for air underneath him.

I pretend to roll my eyes back into my head and stop moving.

"Oh, sorry." My lungs fill with air again as he scrambles off of me.

Instead of crawling out of bed to get ready, I snuggle down further under the covers. Everything is going to be super awkward between Braiden and I. It would have been better if I just acted like I never heard anything in the first place.

"I'm an idiot." I groan, then realize Mike is still in my room.

"And why might that be?" He asks, lifting up my covers and sliding in next to me.

No, this isn't weird. He's my best friend so it's just normal for us. If Mike were a girl no one would think anything of it.

"I might have heard your conversation with Braiden last night." I mumble, avoiding eye contact with him.

A smirk makes its way onto his lips. "You eavesdropped?"

"I wouldn't say eavesdropped, more like listening in secret."

"That's what eavesdropping is."

Crap he's right.

"I know. I'm such an idiot for thinking he ever liked me!" I bury my head into his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me.

I let myself relax a little bit, glad that I have such an awesome best friend.

"Don't worry Ryan, maybe he just doesn't want to admit his true feelings. If he doesn't like you than he's an asshole."

"Thanks Mike." I hug him tightly and he returns it.

He places a quick kiss on my forehead which is a little weird, but I brush it off. We both crawl out of bed and my eyes meet Braiden's. He's standing in my doorway with one of the most pissed off faces I've ever seen. Must be jealousy.

Quickly, I turn my head away and walk into the bathroom to take a shower. Since I don't have much time it only takes me five minutes. When I walk out, Marsha is sitting on my bed holding a pair of skinny jeans and a white, fitted T-shirt that says Nerd. It's definitely better than yesterday's outfit.

"Alright, we've got to make this quick, there's only twenty minutes until you have to leave." She pats the spot next to me with makeup brushes in her hand. "Put this on first."

I grab the clothes and slip them on then sit down so she can beautify my face. It doesn't take as long today because she's letting my hair fall into its natural waves and my eyebrows don't need plucking. Thank goodness because that stuff hurts!

Ten minutes later she's done and shoving me down the stairs. Not in a violent way or anything, just because we're in a rush.

"Do I have to go?" I whine, planting my feet in the ground. "If I do, won't people wonder about my hand?"

I wave it in front of her face, but she just raises an eyebrow at me.

"You're going. Now go meet Braiden outside, he's waiting for you." She sternly orders and I groan.