Chapter 14- Not My Type.

After dinner the boys go into the living room to watch TV and I stay back with Marsha to help clean up.

"So, how was your first day of school?" She asks, scrubbing the ketchup off of a place.

"It was pretty good. Well, the first half anyways." A grin spreads across my face when I think of what Braiden and I did.

"Ah yes, I've been wondering what happened to you two." She gestures to Braiden in the next room. "Care to explain?"

"Well, we met to discuss some suspicions activity going on with one of the teachers." I explain and she raises an eyebrow.

"And what might that be?"

"First of all, he knew our names but we never introduced ourselves, secondly he was a complete pervert. He said I should sit in front so he could "have a good view." Then he winked at me!" I fume and the glass I'm drying shatters in my hand from how hard I was squeezing it. "Ah!" A cry escapes my mouth as it cuts my skin.

"Oh dear! Honey, you need to calm down a bit. Let's go clean this up." Marsha states nervously.

Braiden and Michael hear the commotion and come rushing into the kitchen. Concern etches onto their faces when they see my bloody hand.

"What happened?" Michael asks in awe.

"Oh nothing, just a little pent up anger is all." Marsha chirps and starts to pull me towards her bathroom. "I'm going to go clean her up, you boys just go relax."

I send them both a small smile, but Braiden just gives me a confused look. Before I can explain, Marsha shuts the bathroom door.

"Alright, we're going to need to sanitize this and then remove the glass." She carefully examines my hand, counting six pieces stuck in it.

First, she pours hydrogen peroxide on the cuts. It doesn't hurt, just bubbles because blood contains an enzyme called catalase. It attacks the peroxide turning it into water and oxygen. After the wounds are sterilized, Marsha takes a tweezers and starts removing the small glass pieces. I wince as she removes the largest piece, which is lodged about a fourth inch deep.

"Alright, all I need to do is bandage this up and then you'll be good to go." She sends me a comforting smile which I return.

"Thank you, Marsha."

"Oh, it's really not a problem sweetie."

"No, I mean for everything. I haven't had someone, well a girl, who I could talk to in awhile, but I'm glad I have you now." A tear slips down my cheek, but I quickly wipe it away.

"I'll be here for you anytime, Ryan. You can always talk to me. By the way, there's one thing we haven't talked about that girls usually do." She excitedly changes the topic.

"What do you-"

"Boys!" She squeaks and I swear she went from fifty to fifteen.

"Boys? I don't know why we'd talk about that when I'm not interested in any." I focus on the tiles in the floor and start counting.

"Sure you don't, and the sky isn't blue." She rolls her eyes and I sigh.

"Fine," I mumble, "there might be one."

"It's Braiden, isn't it." She states and I don't answer just smile. "Ooo, it is!"

"Yes! It's Braiden, okay?" I throw my hands up in the air in surrender.