Chapter 6- The Intruder

(Cover above made by kynzie_masked_ who totally rocked this design! Thank you!❤️)

I'm in the bathroom sitting on the toilet as Braiden tends to my eye, and no, I'm not actually going to the bathroom, just using it as a seat. I try not to focus on how close his face is to mine or how his touch is sending tingles through my body. Instead, I try talking to break the silence.

"So," I draw out, "what do you think Jackson is doing to that guy?" I ask curiously, twiddling my thumbs.

"Probably just some interrogations and stuff. Now stop talking." He mumbles back, concentrating heavily on my eye.

There's a ding on his phone, signifying a text, which he quickly checks, smiles, then responds before putting his back phone down.

He returns to my eye and I'm silent for a little while, but then his face moves closer and I panic. Being the smooth person I am, something stupid finds its way out of my mouth.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurt before realizing how stupid of a question that was.

Why should I care anyways?

"What?" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well-I-Um- Do you?" I stutter back nervously.

"Nope." He replies, popping the p. "Do you, ya know, have a boyfriend?"

I small smile makes its way onto my lips as I reply. "I don't know, do I?"

He knows I'm being sarcastic and don't, so he just rolls his eyes. Even though it's barely visible, I still see the corners of his lips quirk up.

"Yay," I internally squeal, "he doesn't have a girlfriend!"

His eyes flicker to mine as his lips break out into a toothy smile.

"You're awfully excited about that, aren't you?" He questions.

Oh my god, I said that out loud!

"Yes you did." Braiden replies, smiling even more now.

He looks good when he smiles.

"Thanks." He answers and my eyes grow into golf balls.

"Did I just-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"You did." Now the smile he was previously wearing manages to get even bigger.

"Well, you asked the same question I did." I retort even though I know it's a lame excuse.

I can feel my face turning bright red. It deepens in color when Braiden is no longer cleaning my eye, just stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"You're right, I did. I was thinking the same things you said too, just didn't say it out loud." He seriously remarks.

I sit there dumbfounded, not sure what to say. I'm pretty sure he just flirted with me.

"Braiden Winters and Ryan Hunter, please report to the main office immediately." Jackson calls us over the intercom.

"Well, time to go then." Braiden gets up without another word leaving me stunned in silence.

I get up still confused and slowly walk there. It takes about five minutes until I reach the office and lazily walk inside. Turns out everyone's already in there, which is slightly embarrassing, but the least of my problems.

"Alright, since everybody's finally here," Jackson speaks, glaring at me, "I would like to discuss the man that Ryan took out this morning. We got him to confess the reason he came here and who sent him."