3 - He Hates Me

Proofread: 160413 (yymmdd)

Chaelin's alarm clock rang at 7am. She starts to practise herself on waking up early so she can do it when classes start.

"Mom! What's our breakfast today?" She asked and she sat on her usual seat.

"Fried egg, plus this soup.." her mom answered.

"Woooow! It is mushroom soup! Let me guess, you failed to wake up on time?"

Her mom nodded.

"Where's dad? I haven't seen him." And she looked around "Did he go ... somewhere?"

"No." And her mom placed down the bowl of soup "He went out for a while to see your Uncle Jeon."

"Uncle Jeon? You mean, Jungkook's father?"

"Yes. Why?"

Chaelin quickly sipped her soup and ate the fried egg for her, "I need to go out, mom!"

***

She took a bath quickly, and dressed up.

She stood in front of her mirror to check how she looks. Water was still dripping out from her wet hair so she brought out her hair blower to dry it.

*knock knock*

She can't hear that someone is knocking on her door because of the noise that the hair blower is producing.

"Chaelin! Chaelin!" Her brother tries to call her but no one still opens the door so he knocked again.

"Oh yes, Chanyong!"

"What took you so long to open this door?" He sat on Chaelin's bed and noticed something around, "Why are your clothes around the room? Scattered on floor, Chaelin?"

Chaelin picked up all her clothes fast and hunged them up. "Uh.. Nothing. I... just checked them if I can still wear them. He.. hehe."

"Ohhhhh. Ah! Right! I will go out to help dad and Uncle Jeon."

"What?" Her big ears heard 'Jeon' again "I wanna help."

Chanyong shook his head to the sides, "You can't."

"Why?"

"Because we are lifting heavy things out of their house."

"Lifting out of their house? Why?"

He pulled her sister closer and whispered, "They are transferring house soon, Chaelin."

"Please, Chanyong, let me go with you. Please, please." She repeated as while rubbing her palm together.

***

"Hi, Uncle Jeon!"

"Oh, hello there Chaelin!" Jungkook's father greeted.

"Uncle, she's looki- amsowcnitpqvjr " Chaelin covered her brother's mouth and continued his sentence for him, "I am looking for my father Uncle. Where is he?"

"He's upstairs. You can go there."

"Thanks uncle!" And she turned to her brother, "mehrooong!"

She went up silently, and peeked first to see who is there.

"Daaaaad~ hihi."

"Chaelin! What are you doing here?" Her father asked.

"Hm.. I looked for you!" And she jumped to her father and hugged him.

"Look at my baby girl!" And he kissed her daughter on her forehead.

"Hey! Quiet, dad. I am.... (clearing her throat and stepped down from her father) not a baby anymore!"

"Jungkook is outside. I think he's at the playground." Her father said. He knows his daughter well.

"Dad, why are you telling me this now?"

"Because I know you are looking for him?"

"No! Why are you telling me this just now?" Making her father laugh.

"Bye, Dad!" And she headed to the stairways, "I'll go and look for him."

"You haven't changed my dear." Her father said making her smile.

"I don't knoe if that's an insult or - "

"No, my dear. I hope that one day, Jungkook will realize how much you are worthy to love."

"Dad?!"

"Okay. You can go now."

***

Chaelin happily started skipping towards the playground which is two blocks away from their house. She talks to herself while going to the playground, too. "I wonder if Jungkook changed. I know only only a few months had passed but .. still. I feel like I haven't seen him for a year."

"But Jungkook."

"Is he with someone? But who could it be?" Chaelin thought. She heard a woman's voice coming from the playground.

"I know it was so sudden, Jinhee. But I think - "

"I am really sorry, Jungkook." She put the envelope she was holding on Jungkook's hands and bid good bye.

Jungkook's first love since they were still in middle school is Jinhee. But this girl's heart is already taken by someone else.

"J-ju-jung .... k-k-koo ... Aishhh~! Jungkook!" Chaelin knew what just happened. She believes she needs to approach and comfort Jungkook but she doesn't know if Jungkook wants it to be her. "A-a-are-re .... y-y-you o-kay, Jungkook?"

Jungkook remained silent, looking at the envelope that Jinhee gave her, or rather gave him back.

"Do you want to go somewhere ... nice? I can come with you!" She knelt in front of him to see his face. "Wherever it is!" The jolly lady added.

Jungkook placed his thumb together on the envelope and put his two index fingers on the other side of the envelope, just across his two thumbs. Then, he started to tear the envelope into pieces.

"Yah! Jungkook! What are you doing?" Chaelin tries to stop him from tearing down the envelope. "You shouldn't tear tha -" she tried to take the envelope from Jungkook's hands but he quickly threw it away.

"Can you just leave?" He calmly said.

Jungkook was so calm when he spoke but Chaelin was still speechless when he suddenly threw the torn envelope away. She remained standing in front of Jungkook, staring at him. She placed her palm across her chest, feeling her heart beating. Her heart was beating really fast.

"Just leave!" The tone of Jungkook's voice suddenly raised. "I want to be alone. I need to be alone!"

"I .... I can't leave you when you are like this, Jungkook." She said. She took his hands caressed them, "I really can't leave you like this."

He shove her hands away and shouted "Leave! And stop fooling around, okay? I don't need you! I would never, ever, need you! Now, LEAVE!"

Chaelin failed to stop her tears from falling, and so a tear from her right eye fell while she was still looking at Jungkook's eyes.

"S... s-so-sor-ry .... I'm really sorry, Jungkook. I promise! I ..." and tears continuously fall from her eyes, "I will never trouble you again." She stepped one closer and raised her hands, revealing a bracelet she's holding. She pulled her hands to opposite directions, ripping the bracelet and let the beads fall to the ground. And she ran back to their house, crying.

-----

Hi! How are you guys?

I am receiving votes. Thank you very much!

You don't know how much it makes me happy :)

We can also be friends ^^

We can talk too. Just talk to me if you want.

- lovingseoul ~