8 - Serenade

Proofread: 160803 (yymmdd)

"Please don't get tired of loving and taking care of me." - Jungkook

---

In one of the room of juniors, the boys were busy preparing a birthday surprise for one of their classmates.

"Where are the girls? Are they sure they know what to do?" One asked. The boys who planned the surprise asked their female classmates to help them.

"Yes, they are already out to wait for her. Some are at the hallway." Answered his classmate.

"Jin! Where's your gift?" Jimin asked him.

"Ah, Chanyong, can you call your sister and ask her to come?" Jin asked.

"Chaelin? Why?" Chanyong asked but he's already dialled Chaelin's number.

"I asked her to help me on this. I need her help the most. And the piano, Namjoon, where is it?" Jin answered. This guy's the most tensed.

Chaelin rushed herself to her brother's room with Taehyung. Jungkook is already in the room because they told him early about it. "Where's the music book?" she asked them.

"Music book?" Namjoon and Chanyong asked in chorus.

"Here. Let's play the song on page 11." Jin said.

Chaelin turned it to page 11 and remembered it is not the song they tried to sing the other day. It was the song she knew the first time they talked to each other. "You're not going to use your newest song?" She asked.

"They are just the same. That'll be fine." Jin said and got ready with his guitar.

"But that would be better! You had more great and sweet words there. If you know what I mean." Chaelin pointed out but Jin didn't listen and told her he didn't get to memorize his newest song yet.

"I can sing with you. Or sing it for you." Chaelin said making everyone surprise.

"You knew his song?" Taehyung asked. Chaelin nodded her head.

"Okay fine, do what you want. You just called me to play the piano and not do other things." She said and starts pressing on some keys.

"They're coming! She's coming!" Jimin shouts while he was running.

They began counting down to 1 from 10 before starting to sing their song. Unfortunately, they are already in 2 but they don't see a shadow coming so Jungkook tried to check what really happened. "They stopped at the first room by the stairs." He said.

"Why?" They asked scratching their heads.

"Seems like someone also threw a birthday surprise from that room!" Taehyung added. He went out to check who it was and went back immediately. "Byunghun. Byunghun from the seniors' class." he told them.

"I knew he'd prepare one. But, I didn't know he will do it in the morning, too." Jin said calmly and softly.

"So what? You have your own, he has his own. You don't have to be affected, Seokjin." Chaelin said trying to cheer him up.

"You don't understand, Chaelin. I think you never will. I planned this a long time ago and it will just be ruined because of him! Everything's ruined." He got up and picked up the guitar bag, "I'm sorry, guys. I troubled everyone."

"Seokjin? Hey!" Chaelin shouted.

"Calm down, Chaelin. Calm down." Her brother told her.

"Well, I'm calm Chanyong. But this isn't right. He isn't right." She said and without making any eyecontact with anybody, she left the room and went back to their classroom.

***

During their lunch break.

"Chaelin, what's wrong?" Jinah noticed her bestfriend is still spacing out.

"I ... thought I could help. But I wasn't able to because the person I am about to help got scared. He's more or less, a coward." Chaelin said.

"Are you talking about Jin?" Jinah heard about shat happened on the floor where the classrooms of seniors are. "If that is what's supposed to happen, you should let it slide. I think it is also better he didn't get to sing her that song."

"Why?"

Jinah told Chaelin to look at a direction and she saw Eunsol, with this Byunghun. "You see? She might just reject him, anyway. So what happened is better."

"Isn't it not doing anything is more painful?" She asked. Jinah shrugged her shoulders, "It is better if you try, junah. You never know what could ever be the result." Chaelin told her.

"But ..."

"It is okay Jinah. If that's what you think, then fine. But, my opinion is still different." Chaelin said.

***

Chaelin was finally okay after their lunch break. She can freely listen to their teachers.

Their last class was cancelled because their teacher is absent for that day. Their teacher asked them to choose if they would want to go home early or do an activity in school even though the teacher is not around. Of course, they chose to go home early.

"Chaelin!" Taehyung called her.

"Yes?"

"Wanna go out with us? Jungkook and I will go to the karaoke bar." He asked.

"Why are you asking me to come?" Chaelin asked.

Jungkook came and added, "The others will come after their class. We'll go first since ours is already over."

"Okay then. I'll ask Jinah to come over too." - Chaelin

"But he'll be there. Will he be fine? Will we be fine? I mean ... Wait. What am I thinking? I didn't do anything wrong anyway. And we are just like aquaintances. He just asked me for my opinion on his song before. Nothing special exists between us. So .... be comfortable and you'll be fine, Chaelin." She thought to herself.

-----

Hi! Sorry for a very laaaaate update. This is a short updste, by the way. Sorry again ><

When will Jin fall for Chaelin. Ahhhh! Can't wait! Hahaha!

By the way. I just write simple and innocent stories. Okay?

Thank you for all the votes! and new readers, halooooo! Hahaha!

I'll try to update as soon as possible Ü

Ppyong!