10 - Short Time with Him

Chaelin once again woke up earlier than the usual time she does. But shenwas surprised that no one seemed to be at home with her. The house was so quiet and the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, and their parents' room. She went to the kitchen to cook their breakfast.

She saw a piece of paper sticked on the refrigerator with a note:

Your father and I will be out of town for three days. I've asked Jimin to come and stay with you, guys, in these three days. Be kind to him.

Love you!

Your mom.

The sun has fully risen and their classes has already started. Nothing changed to Chanyong and Chaelin since they don't really pack food for lunch.

"Auntie went out of town with uncle? When?" Jinah asked Chaelin.

"I think they left when it was still dark this morning. I just saw this note on our refrigerator." Chaelin said.

"But why didn't they tell you earlier? Or woke you up?" Jinah asked.

They were eating at the cafeteria with Jungkook and V.

"Maybe they just didn't want to wake up their kids and disturb their sleep. You know that's kinda annoying." Jungkook thought.

"Yeah." V and Chaelin said in chorus.

"So, what did Jimin said about it?" V asked.

"I haven't really asked him. Maybe Chanyong can." Chaelin said.

Classes were already over and she still haven't had the chance to ask Jimin. She decided to wait for her brother and friends to ask him about it.

V and Jungkook waited with her at school gates.

"There they are!" V said as soon as he spotted their friends coming.

"Chaelin? What are you doing here?" Chanyong asked.

"We were waiting for you becase I wanted to ask Jimin about him staying with us." She answered.

"I am really sorry, Chaelin. I know how much you wanted me to stay in your house but I can't. My younger sister is sick and you know that mom and dad left with your parents. Nobody will take care of my sister except me." Jimin sadly said but was still able to crack a joke.

Chaelin smirked and said "Oh yeah. I wanted so much to be with you. You're my favorite cousin, remember? But hey," she stopped talking and kicked Jimin's knee and added "why are you still here? You should've skipped classes today for her too."

"Ah, yeah. I'll be going ahead! Bye!" Jimin said before completely vanishing from their sight.

The students started to walk going back to their homes.

"I don't know if this is a good news or not but, Jin volunteered to stay with us." Chanyong said.

"Really? Then that's great!" Chaelin happily said while clapping her hands together.

"Why do you want so badly someone to stay with us? Can't you live with me alone?" Chanyong said while pinching his sister's cheeks.

"Yahhh!" Chaelin shouted while trying to remove her brother's hands from her face. Jin was just watching and laughing at them.

"Can we stay there, too?" V asked.

"V?" Jungkook asked while wrinkling his eyebrows over his friend and pretending to be smiling.